Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirnwaffen

Men in Tights was fabulous!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh yeah, thumbs up for Men in Tights... also among the 5 best...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Hmm, I'd say Airplane has the edge over Men in Tights - both are miles ahead of Spacebollocks. The only scene I even smiled at has already been listed ("merchandising").

Anyone ever hear of a Michael Caine movie called Water? Very rare here in the UK, but it's got a few laughs in. Not a classic (nowhere near as good as Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) but he hasn't done a lot of comedy.
        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
          I just tried to recollect some funny scenes from Airplane the other day, can't remember any though
          It looks like you picked the wrong day to give up gingko baloaba.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
            Jesus F Christ...

A thread on the funniest movie ever and all I see is talk about Spaceballs and Airplane?? Are you all Americans or something?

Laurel & Hardy: Way out West
            Marx Brothers: almost every movie they made
            WC Fields: need I say more?
            Chaplin: ...
            Buster Keaton: same as above...

Three pages of valuable cyberspace and all you come up with is Airplane
            If I'm any indication of what Americans have been exposed to, most of us haven't seen many if any of those films. (Remember, I'm an oldie like yourself, so I imagine that younger posters have had even less access to this stuff than I have.) I have seen a few Laurel and Hardies, but they weren't all that great. I prefer Harold Lloyd. WC Fields is good, but I've only seen two of his films. They were funny though. Of Chaplin, I've only seen the Great Dictator and Modern Times. They were both good, but not the sort of thing that makes me die laughing. I have never seen a Buster Keaton film, only cut scenes. It looks cool, but I have no idea what a feature or even an entire short is like. As for the Marx brothers, I have seen their films, and I agree, they blow most of the films mentioned in this thread right out of the water.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

as long as no one mentions airplane2. That movie is a travesty of comedy.

Comment

They made a sequal to Airplane?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

yep, it's about a shuttle, right?

I like the scene with all the different news shows... on Japanese news, the newsman reports some godzilla news, and on that Russian news show, the guy says "and now the good news: hundreds of capitalists will die in a shuttle inferno". pretty funny.

apart from that, like airplane, a silly movie. and they even made a bus sequel, which was completely boring.

Comment

I liked Airplane!, but there was an even better Zucker-Abrams-Zucker comedy:

Ruthless People. My personal favorite. The sets themselves are classics.

You and everyone you've ever known will all get chainsaw enemas!

Boy, this town has some neighborhood watch.

I don't want you to have sex with the dog, Carol. It's for me.

Muffy, meet Adolph. Adolph, eat Muffy!

I guess we'll have to go to...your place.

I've been kidnapped by Kmart.

I'm no criminal. I can't even sell retail.

She lost 20 pounds! (pause) Well, you just had to be ther.

Give the money to Bozo.

This must be th stupidest person alive. Maybe we should shoot him.

Comment

Working...
                    X