No announcement yet.

Spaceballs, the funniest movie ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a shame too... because the first one was SOO good! The second one was eh, and the third one, oh God. It had some funny parts, but the rest of it was just dumb (first scene with Dr. Evil and the end 'revelation'). Instead of being a parody of 60s spy flicks in general, it became a parody of many different films, and found itself in the genre with 'Scary Movie'.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

But don't forget the scene when Clouseau goes to this house to investigate the kidnapping of the scientist who lived there. He calls all the family together, and starts accusing them of murder. He accidently gets his hand caught in one of those middle ages "iron gloves". He is standing in front of the fire place, which heats up the glove. In a desperate attempt to remove the glove, he ends up swinging the chain and balls around, smashing vases, and accidently knocks a gun down which fires right into some policeman's ass. The whole scene is classic!
      That whole movie was hilarious. By far the best of the Pink Panther series. And it began with Clousseau visiting Dreyfuss in the institution he was committed to and Clousseau keeps accidently knocking him into the pond until Dreyfuss has another breakdown and tries to kill him again.

If you guys ever have the chance, watch "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" and "The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming". Those are two classics from the 60's. The first one is more slapstick with the best cast I've ever seen for a movie, the second tries to mix in some character development so it's not just one sight gag after the next. Alan Arkin and Carl Reiner lead the cast...

Comment

Am I really the only person here who thinks Spaceballs is a piece of sh!t? Mind you, I love The Producers, Young Frankenstein, and Blazing Saddles, so I'm not anti-Brooks. In fact, I find nearly every movie mentioned on this thread (except Goldmember, which I haven't seen) hilarious. But Spaceballs?! Blech. :
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

"Springtime for Hitler and Germany
          Winter for Poland and France"

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
            Not as good as Dark Star for instance......

-Jam
            Ooooh, classic! Alright, Spaceballs isn't even the funniest space comedy.
            Last edited by Sikander; June 4, 2003, 03:19.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              Its funny, but nowhere near the funniest ever.I would not put it in my top 20, far less number one.

Give me Life of Brian or Strangelove any second of the day first.
              Two hilarious and intelligent films. Every time I see Life of Brian I find another bit of multi-level comedy. For instance:

Brian is trying to tell the huge crowd of disciples who have follwed him home to go away. They aren't keen on it, so he tries to explain why it's foolish to simply blindly follow a leader.

Brian: Look here, you're all individuals...

The Crowd as One: We're all individuals!

Brian (even more frustrated): You're all different!

The Crowd as One: We're all different!

Single Man in the Crowd: I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                Mars Attacks... the worst movie ever... almost... they've got so many good actors, but they forgot to include good lines, a good story... it was tooooo boring...
                Actually it's a parody of the real worst movie ever, Independence Day.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

Those 2 scenes are hilarious. But don't forget the scene when Clouseau goes to this house to investigate the kidnapping of the scientist who lived there. He calls all the family together, and starts accusing them of murder. He accidently gets his hand caught in one of those middle ages "iron gloves". He is standing in front of the fire place, which heats up the glove. In a desperate attempt to remove the glove, he ends up swinging the chain and balls around, smashing vases, and accidently knocks a gun down which fires right into some policeman's ass. The whole scene is classic!
                  Just before that while he has the gauntlet and morning star stuck on his hand a bee lands on the piano beside him. He suddenly gives a war cry and smashes the bee with the morning star, which also destroys the piano.

Lady of the house upset: That was a priceless Steinway!

Clouseau coolly: Not anymore.

Comment

Airplane!
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                      Actually it's a parody of the real worst movie ever, Independence Day.
                      That's among the best movie of that type of movies there exists... ID is great... good story, funny lines... simply the best... and normally I don't watch that type of movie...
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

That's among the best movie of that type of movies there exists... ID is great... good story, funny lines... simply the best... and normally I don't watch that type of movie...
                        Perhaps my harsh view of it is tainted by being in a bad mood when I saw it or something like that. Anyway, I hated it, which made Mars Attacks at least palatable to me.

Comment

Airplane
                          Monthy Phytons meaning of life
                          Dumb and Dumber

and I remember laughing most at:

The last scene of Four Rooms (Antonio Banderas leaves his kids in the hotel room and Tim Roth has to take care of them.....)

Comment

SHREK, definitely SHREK ...
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                              Its funny, but nowhere near the funniest ever.I would not put it in my top 20, far less number one.

Give me Life of Brian or Strangelove any second of the day first.

Life of Brian is my personal number one.
                              Blah

Comment

Life of Brian is a bore compared to Holy Grail
                                Wasn't the one with Jews in Space in it a Mel Brooks movie, too? Which one?

Comment

Working...
                                X