No announcement yet.

F-16 down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a lot more to aerial combat than simply numbers and types of aircraft, including serviceability, how up to date the missiles are and how good the ground control and radar systems are. Neither Greece nor Turkey scores too well on any of these.

Actually it doesn't matter anyway because the Greek forces are not designed to fight. If Greece goes to war with someone the plan is for their secret weapon, codename Pattycakes, to bore the opposition into surrender.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• Originally posted by CerberusIV
      There is a lot more to aerial combat than simply numbers and types of aircraft, including serviceability, how up to date the missiles are and how good the ground control and radar systems are. Neither Greece nor Turkey scores too well on any of these.
      Yeah I heard that Turkey is slightly better but both are still poor.

Spain does a good job with serviceability and radar systems but we got fewer numbers.

Actually it doesn't matter anyway because the Greek forces are not designed to fight. If Greece goes to war with someone the plan is for their secret weapon, codename Pattycakes, to bore the opposition into surrender.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• In time, when the Albanians will be a majority we'll do a second name change and then live in peace with one another like we have done so far.

You'll do a name change? While your point about Albanian majority is very accurate , I disbelieve it will lead to Greece changing her name.

Comment

• I heard something a while ago about Turkey's air force. This was that the U.S. was transferring them some Apache helicopters with top-of-the-line computer equipment, but only 95% of the programming codes.

It made me wonder: What is the other five per cent for? I decided that it's probably activated by Echelon or some such and shuts off the weapons or the engine.
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• If I were the turks, I'd take out the computers and replace them.

Nonetheless, this is an expensive method of pigeon populaiton control. Suprising he survived at that low altitude!!

Who reckons Trafalger Square should be a no-fly zone?
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Well the Turks are probably wondering what they can do with pigeons...
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by elijah
                If I were the turks, I'd take out the computers and replace them.
                So would I, but Turkey's not well-known for its computers. At least not to me.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Am I correct in saying that Sony didnt ship PS2's (the consoles not the mice) to North Korea for fear the chips could be used in cruise missiles? If I want to make a long range weapon, I wont use a MIPS processor!!!

My point is that there is surely plenty of low-grade consumer available tech that would be good for military use. Remember that the computer that took men to the moon was the size of my dining room and outperformed by my digital alarm clock. Its even outperformed by my P4!!!
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Nonetheless, this is an expensive method of pigeon populaiton control.

Nah, it was a fair dogfight
                    and this time the pidgeon performed a daring manoevar and won a somewhat costly victory

Comment

Working...
                    X