No announcement yet.

Speed Cameras Should Be Used More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be against sensors preventing acceleration.

Simply going 15 mph over the limit doesn't automatically put lives at risk. It's tailgating, dangerous lane changes, and not driving with the flow of traffic that is a problem.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hey whatever, they can put 'em up every 2 feet for all I care. The law here states you only have to pay the ticket 1. if you are the owner of the car, 2. if the car has an in-state license, and 3. if the ticket is hand served to you.

My name does not appear on the title to my car, because having my parents' names on it lowers the insurance. So, I can never be ticketed for photo radar or cameras or whatever so I say, put 'em everywhere

Also, to be serious for a sec. cameras are far inferior to actual traffic cops. Camera's won't ticket people for driving all crazy or stupid, and that's what causes most accidents. Like Sava said
      It's tailgating, dangerous lane changes, and not driving with the flow of traffic that is a problem.
      I don't see how cameras can fix this, but it's perfectly obvious that more policeman can.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Unfortunately the law in the UK is that the registered owner of the car has to pay the fine unless they identify someone else as the driver at the time of the offence.

Unless you happen to be a senior police officer, then they seem to be very slow to prosecute.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
          Hey whatever, they can put 'em up every 2 feet for all I care. The law here states you only have to pay the ticket 1. if you are the owner of the car, 2. if the car has an in-state license, and 3. if the ticket is hand served to you.

My name does not appear on the title to my car, because having my parents' names on it lowers the insurance. So, I can never be ticketed for photo radar or cameras or whatever so I say, put 'em everywhere

Also, to be serious for a sec. cameras are far inferior to actual traffic cops. Camera's won't ticket people for driving all crazy or stupid, and that's what causes most accidents. Like Sava said I don't see how cameras can fix this, but it's perfectly obvious that more policeman can.
          What state is this? I've never heard of a regulation that says just because you don't own the title of the car, you can't get a ticket. Tickets are written to people, not to cars.

Last time I got a speeding ticket, I was doing 81 in a 65 on an empty highway through the Adirondaks. Just because it was my parent's car doesn't mean I avoided paying the $135 fine.

As a side note, the fine would've been much higher (4 points on the license and over $150 in fines), but I had a trooper friend of mine "chat" with the officer and got it reduced to parking on the road. I wonder how many Polytubbies have gotten tickets...
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

double deuce

Comment

Simply going 15 mph over the limit doesn't automatically put lives at risk. It's tailgating, dangerous lane changes, and not driving with the flow of traffic that is a problem.

Speed cameras should not be used more, instead speed limits should be generally abolished .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What state is this? I've never heard of a regulation that says just because you don't own the title of the car, you can't get a ticket. Tickets are written to people, not to cars.
                You are correct. Normal speeding tickets are written to anyone, not just the owner. However, photo radar tickets are different, and I'm pretty sure this is everywhere. I can personally say that I have been flashed by a photo radar camera 5 or 6 times and have never even seen a ticket much less paid one.

Unfortunately the law in the UK is that the registered owner of the car has to pay the fine unless they identify someone else as the driver at the time of the offence.
                That seems the same as here, and if the owner can prove the driver wasn't him/her, then the driver doesn't have to pay the ticket. This should be pretty easy, because photo radar takes a big picture of the driver when it goes off.
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike

You are correct. Normal speeding tickets are written to anyone, not just the owner. However, photo radar tickets are different, and I'm pretty sure this is everywhere. I can personally say that I have been flashed by a photo radar camera 5 or 6 times and have never even seen a ticket much less paid one.

That seems the same as here, and if the owner can prove the driver wasn't him/her, then the driver doesn't have to pay the ticket. This should be pretty easy, because photo radar takes a big picture of the driver when it goes off.
                  That, or there's a bench warrent for unpaid speeding tickets under your parents name

Comment

Working...
                  X