Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the world's MtG's don't bother w/ ppl like us, wtf is wrong w/ him?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rest of the world's MtG's don't bother w/ ppl like us, wtf is wrong w/ him?

Here's a guy that can go from discussing the intricacies of the law regarding feminism in America to the finer points of Blitherian economics, to military tactics and weapons without missing a beat. In another thread he said he went from HS to college at 15, and dropped out of that because it bored him.

He has me just about convinced that he is, 'the one'. Yet, he posts here. Here. The Poly OT! What the heck is wrong with him? I had hoped that if I ever smartened up, I'd dump this silly spot in cyberspace, but noooo...

There are places for ppl like MtG on the internet. Places that we never hear about. Places that don't want us because the people in these places are the next step in human evolution, yes, that's right, the people who never breed, because they are too smart, because they THINK about it first.

MtG is here, and let's face it, there is something very very wrong with that, and therefore, with him.

Can't quite put my finger on it though...

So, what is it? Help me here, wtf is wrong w/ MtG?

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

He is the worlds Google expert.

Comment

Suckup!

Free Zylka!
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

"Suckup"

Maybe it is, hmm. An Isreali would know.

Comment

Seriously, though, it seems that MtG has had quite a successful life.

[/camouflaged insult]
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Serious camo, I can't see it.

What happened to Zylka? Can I help?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
              Thats usually the case with self "proclaimed prodigies" in the internet

Anyways, usually Poly is populated with smart geeky people, so its not all that odd that MtG is what he says he is.
              :-p

Comment

Maybe I overbilled him. He often disagrees with me, and when he does he's always wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                  I'm too lazy to use Google. Besides, 99% of what you get there is crap.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Personally, I hang around Poly because, so far as I've been able to find, it has the most intelligent people and the most well-thought-out discussions. I assume that MtG and the other brainiacs stay here for the same reason.

Comment

Well, there are some people here who are dumber than mud, but....

In general, it's a fairly diverse bunch, with brainy types and entertaining types pretty well mixed in.

OT is also remarkably free of the ideological bull**** of most "political" forums. Not many places where you see Godless commies hang out with libertarians.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I like this place because it seems to have some smart people on it, and because most of them seem to have kept their sense of humor about themselves -- it's generally only a matter of time before our circle-jerk threads degenerate into exercises in self-mockery. Compare that to, say, Straight Dope -- I swore off that place once I saw my twentieth or thirtieth "Gosh, aren't we Dopers the best?" thread (all of the previous thread instantiations were, sadly, treated with the utmost of seriousness).
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Those people are the best though...

Comment

They've got some of the funniest threads I've ever seen over there, but it's too much trouble to find them in the rest of that ****. I just wait for JohnT to post a link to them over here.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Never been there myself, but I'll watch JohnT's links.

Comment

Working...
                              X