Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The stupidest thing you can remember someone saying to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stupidest thing you can remember someone saying to you?

Someone asked me today what year Jesus was born in.......

Completley seriously, and was surprised when I told him though we dont know exactly, its supposed to be 1.....

Their first guess was around 400 a.d........ I was quite literaly shocked speachless by the stupidity for a moment before I could respond.

This came to me as the stupidest thing I've heard someone say to me in a while, what about you?

Yes I know it was proboably 4 b.c.-just share your memories of the stupidest thing you can remember someone saying to you!

While it wasn't said to me... I heard it at a press conference. One of The Chicago Cubs Relief Pitchers, Antonio Alfonseca has 6 fingers on each hand. While he was doing a press conference after the Cubs aquired him, one of the reporters actually asked the following question...

"Were you born that way"...

There was dead silence in the room... and then people couldn't help but start snickering, and then just laughing.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming:
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
        While it wasn't said to me... I heard it at a press conference. One of The Chicago Cubs Relief Pitchers, Antonio Alfonseca has 6 fingers on each hand. While he was doing a press conference after the Cubs aquired him, one of the reporters actually asked the following question...

"Were you born that way"...

There was dead silence in the room... and then people couldn't help but start snickering, and then just laughing.

*wipes tears from eyes*

Comment

And the best part is... It was one of the local reporters for the SCORE, the Chicago Sports Radio station... so they play it all the time when they want to abuse the guy. I still can't help laughing every time I hear it.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Not said directly to me either...

" What, easter is on a sunday this year? Oh that's just great !! 'cause I've monday off from work. "
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Is your Sealtest (brand) butter made of seals, or something?

Comment

should have responded "no, but we make the seals eat it first to make sure that it isn't poisoned"
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Ming:

Once, in a debate match, my opponent's main point was "Rocks are people too."

Comment

Were you debating with some crazy Environmentalist Vegen PETA member?
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

"Your god is a peanut" - Fred Phelps
                      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Yo Mao, which uni did you end up with?
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Ted I thought that was a snake wrapped around your pant leg.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that one...

*sigh*
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

A friend of mine (we don't really ever hang out, but I'd still call him a friend) once tried to tell everyone that Hummers could drive 30 mph under 6 feet of water.

We still give him **** about it.
                            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

This phenomenon happens all the time here in Shanghai: I (a large white person) point at something, e.g. a vegetable, and ask someone in Chinese "What do you call that?" Then they give the answer in English, e.g. "A carrot."

Like I need to ask a Chinese person how to say something in my native tongue.

For some reason, this happens frequently, with strangers as well as friends. One of my American friends calls this "a Sprite", from a time when this kind of exchange occurred over a bottle of said beverage.
                              Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Working...
                              X