No announcement yet.

Cannes Film Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Sava, you said I was seeing everything in black and white. Obviously I thought you were talking about it. You really don't get it do you? I didn't say my views on this.. I am just stunned about this movie and why it received any recognization.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

So, just to sum up, your position is: "I haven't seen this award-winning film, but based on this excellent review, I must conclude that it's bad."

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

LOL.. just from what I heard about it... I can come to my own conclusions. But mostly I am just stunned... if anybody here would read the entire article you'd see why.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Fez reminds me of those people who protested the Life of Brian, before it was even finished. "It's blasphemy,I don't need to see it to know it is wrong," they shouted.

Go see the film Fez. Then your opinion might mean something.
          Golfing since 67

Comment

I am going to see it.

You are not understanding what I am saying. And because of this I will post the section that was the part that stunned me:

There's also a scene in Elephant where Alex and Eric climb into a shower together and share a passionate kiss. The real Columbine killers were rumored to be homosexual lovers. Van Sant, who is openly gay and often addresses tough homosexual themes in his films, said the scene is one of innocence, not sexual politics.
            Are these rumors about the real killers infact true?
            Last edited by Giancarlo; May 28, 2003, 12:41.

Comment

I've read the whole review and I fail to see why you are shocked Fez. Actually, it rather motivates me to go see the movie, despite it looking technically crappy.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Not shocked.. just stunned... I didn't know there were even rumors like that...

Comment

I read that the field of contenders wasn't so strong this year. Has anyone seen the films are they any good?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                    LOL.. just from what I heard about it... I can come to my own conclusions. But mostly I am just stunned... if anybody here would read the entire article you'd see why.
                    OK, I'll bite. I have read the article and have yet to find anything "stunning" about it... other than the fact that France is stepping up its efforts to crack down on copyright theft.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      I read that the field of contenders wasn't so strong this year. Has anyone seen the films are they any good?
                      I've seen one, Les invasions barbares. It's a very good movie IMO. It's both very Funny and very sad. Miramax will distribute it in the States. But I'm afraid some jokes will not translate very well in english.
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                      X