The Apolyton Science Fiction Discussion Group: July Votes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSS really isn't boring. Honest.
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Yeah. The summary doesn't - couldn't - even start to describe all the stuff that goes on while the book unfolds.

The beginning might be a little slow, but once the plot really gets going it's going to be hard to put the book down.
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I read the first chapter online (in a preview the book and then buy it sort of thing). It REALLY sounded cool. He's a good author, that one.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          And yet you persuaded your RL book club to read it?
          Because I thought you'd be able to lobby the 'Poly club to read it!

Comment

Damn. Looks like no How Few Remain....
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Don't worry, Lonestar. If the vote remains as it is, the next theme will be "Alternate History's."

Comment

Why not Hard SF?
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Because, if PSS wins, Stefu gets to pick the theme and that is the theme he desires.

Comment

I can't beleive that my book is doing so poorly

I admit that PSS is probably better, but it is about as good as RS (which is good)

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yeah, well, while I nominated Revelation Space I didn't vote for it. Didn't think it really made good discussion material.

Comment

Eek! Only one vote ahead!
                        C'monnnnn, PSS!
                        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Still just one vote ahead! And with just one more day to vote as well.

Comment

PSS sounds boring.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Looks like "Perdido Street Station" is a winner.

I wonder who else voted for my book besides me?
                              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Yes, PSS is the winner and now I wish it hadn't won.

Why?

'Cause it's not out in paperback!!!! Not until the end of July, according to Borders.

Luckily, the local library system has three copies... I hope nobody has trouble finding it.

Comment

Working...
                                X