X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent design, but too expensive
    Blah

Comment

You haven't even seen the REAL design! It's a beauty, and should be named after beautiful woman.

Of course this won't make other weapons obsolete. It only gives relatively big firepower for short moment. And of course then it has other applications, some of them which I presented earlier in this thread. But it's one choice for small groups operating deep, light to carry, so they necessarily don't have to choose, they can just take it with them. But taken how good it is, cheap, easy to use and effective compared to other weapons, this is good to have around. There is always room for working weapons, and this is one hella cool weapon.

I'd like a huge discussion over this, so we can really work this, and maybe, just maybe I'll introduce you to.. The Demoralizer, which is HUGE!
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka - I am not a weapon procurement person. I am fascinated with weapons design, don't get me wrong.

But I decided a long time ago not to go down this route.

Decide for yourself what your new toy would do to a group of civilian refugees blundering about at night.

Or a herd of cattle that are the only food source to the local peasants.

For me, the decision was easy. I stay clear.
        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Cruddy, I hear you and thank you for your reply. I have decided that I will never try to design a weapon that is used for attacking. The Sleep Watcher is for defending only, you really can't attack with it. You can only secure perimeters and cause trouble to attacking enemies, or enemies near. As this is not a usual mine, these can't be left everywhere. Mines are for that. This can be left and be effective that way only if there is someone using remote launcher, trashing enemies. This is to secure your current position, and as an ambush weapon. This can't be used in cities that much because they're not that effective there and well.. there are other weapons for cities. Civilians are unlikely to wander around to your camp at night, and if they do.. well there's nothing good coming out of that with or without The Sleep Watcher.

So I see this weapon as defensive weapon only. Thus, I have no moral problems. Of course, if some soldier leaves these weapons all around and trigger it to work like mines.. well.. that is bad.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

How's about a different approach? Non-lethal weapon systems? Plenty of need for riot gear.

Anyway, wars, while not good or just, are necessary. I have friends who do this sort of stuff - but then UK armed forces aren't very trigger happy. This fact helps them a lot. Also, weapon systems can, on balance, save lives - if you've got an honest talent in this area, let it shine.

Have a good think, make your decision - AND STICK WITH IT.

"99% perspiration , 1% inspiration".
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Now here is another application for the weapon. Supposedly you use disposable tubes, so you can have few in a bag desinged for the tubes (making it easier to carry them). As you have no time to change the tubes in case of surprising attack, you can also boobytrap your perimeter using the tubes as HUGE pipebombs, attached at the backside of the tree as you can see in this picture.

This should be used as the 'shooting mines', if you have to leave in hurry and you're getting overrun by the enemy. You can set these babies in a tree easily in few minutes, so your night sleep doesn't shorten too much.
              You can work these babies like in the Sleep Watcher System, putting these to few trees and connecting them together to the remote launcher. Now you can leave the remote launcher in the ground if you don't want to run with it, hit the red button which is emergency button for fast set up, hit once '10 seconds remaining' hit twice '20 seconds..' etc, so you can set up a fast time bomb. Or you can just carry it and use it as you wish. Your choice.

Now, every man have left the camp area and enemy getting your butt fast, you set these babes off, you can just fill one tube with your hand grenades or whatever is there. Run, push the button and send the camp to hell. One can carry explosives, one can carry gas, so when they enter the area they will get blown and gassed if someone survives. Also, you can set these up with simple trip wire if you so wish. But this is bad if animals etc walks so maybe not. This is just to show ONE application you can do with these. There are still more, this is just one improvised thing, certainly not what it was designed for. But you can do this too.
              Attached Files
              In da butt.

Comment

Cruddy, I don't know about that. I know nothing about non-leathal systems. Plus this is like a little hobby, and I have knowledge about these already so this is easy for me, and I can design these with little effort. Non-leathal weapons would mean completely new area to me, which I'm not familiar with. I'm not super serious with this anyway, but I have designed it for fun (fun to design, not 'kill all people'), and I really believe this has use and demand. And I strongly point out that this is defensive weapon.
                In da butt.

Comment

Well, I think it might be an idea to study a few land operations manuals. See if you can find gaps in them.

Quite a few forces dole out plastic HE and det gear then leave it to the troops to improvise with it.

Comment

Maybe what you could do is work on some hi tech det or detection gear. Military grade stuff is usually heavy and bulky, so there's plenty scope for improvement.

The trick with military designs is to make it robust enough.

Comment

Well I have worked on making weapons that are harder to detect and possibly ending to fatal errors.. I'm not electronic engineer and I don't know too much about detection gear. Also there are lots of people who are much better than me making those.

But I can design certain types of weapons..
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                        Excellent design, but too expensive
                        Ah you corrected your spelling error. I thought you meant something else.

No way is this too expensive. I'm good to work with .
                        In da butt.

Comment

What is IMI? I must do more work with my baby, I know it's one helluva weapon. If it only works in reality like it supposed to, meaning that it doesn't get too complicated on the way making it too complicated weapon, thus decreasing its value too much.

I'm not living in Texas, so I can't run any tests with this, let alone get my hands on explosives.. but I can do some tests and design it to the point where it only lacks testing and changes after seeing results. I don't know how people proceed with their designs, but I'd like to make this happen.
                          In da butt.

Comment

PEKKA! I saw your photograph in the community forums. I'm glad I never trolled you

Comment

No...no...it's a bouncing betty alright.
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                              X