No announcement yet.

Computer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rather than unistalling your keyboard driver (you need a driver and the default one still lets the button shut down your computer) go to control panel and open up "power options".

This first page will let you set how long until the monitor shuts off itself. Set that (to 5 minutes, 10 minutes, whatever). Then go to the advanced tab. For the sleep button, change it from "standby" to "do nothing". Then you should be all set.

EDIT: And thanks Cruddy
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      For the sleep button, change it from "standby" to "do nothing". Then you should be all set.
      I don't think there's such a thing. Or rather, not every version of Windows has that option.

Solution 1: use a keyboard without the sleep button
      Solution 2: take the button out, destroy the contact underneath, replace button
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention what operating system. But Flash hasn't mentioned what OS he uses, so we can't give specific instructions. I use XP, and it most certainly has this option:
        Attached Files
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

kill your stupid as **** parents.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

thank you all
            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
            X