Classical piano music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adalbertus
    St. Leo, what's so evil with Pachelbels Canon? It's not the worst composition ever, it's not the most difficult, it's not the most ruined by stupid musicians ...
    It is, however, one of the most overplayed and cliched. I myself find that it goes on just a bit to long and starts to wear out its welcome.

It isn't nearly as bad as Ravel's Bolero, though. For the life of me, I can't understand how such an obnoxious composition has become so popular (perhaps second only in irritatingness to Katchachurian's godawful Sabre Dance). Then again, neither could Ravel understand, as he was also disgusted in its popularity, since he didn't intend it to be a performance piece.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

OMG the moonlight is godlike!!!

just telling y a pekka, it's a freaking must have!!

Btw I can play the für elise, on teh piano of course

I suck hugely though...
      Just pointing out that i'm a culturally educated boy
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Adalbertus
        St. Leo, what's so evil with Pachelbels Canon? It's not the worst composition ever, it's not the most difficult, it's not the most ruined by stupid musicians ...
        I love it myself, but, like Boris explained, people who are hardc0rely into Classical get to hear it too often and become sick of it.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Chopin Funeral March

Comment

Chopin's Etude #1 from "Three Etudes' (wish I had an opus number for it) is quite depressing.

Comment

St. Leo, I'm a nearly exclusive listener and singer of Renaissance and Baroque music, and I get to listen the Canon once every other year . The Bolero even more rarely. I think the most raped classical music is "Eine kleine Nachtmusik", performed by every school orchestra, beginners group ...

Personally, I think the Bolero is great. I know only one other piece where the composer succeeded in keeping a crescendo going on for a whole movement (Bach's passacaglia in c minor for organ). And one other which failed (Beethoven's second movement of the 7th Symphony).
              Admittedly, this is a different category than overplayed.
              Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Working...
              X