Why don't pro-life groups do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't pro-life groups do this?

Why don't pro-life groups pay for pre-natal care, medical expenses, and lost income for a woman who would've otherwise aborted her child and then put that baby up for adoption?

I mean if someone's too poor to have a child, such a system would take away the economic arguement of abortion... and i'm sure considering how determined some pro-life groups are, they'd be willing to put up money towards saving children.

thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

They do. It's called Medical Assistance, or Medicaid.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

i wish the nra would fight for the legilization of pot as much as they do for guns...it would be a utopia!
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

We do.

. The LIGHT House - Providing free pregnancy testing, loving care and housing (residential and non-residential services), free full medical care, counseling, educational assistance,..., for unwed mothers and their pre-born babies, and providing free adoption services for those young women who choose to place their baby in a loving family.

You may live at the LIGHT House, or you may stay at home; you have medical care provided; you will continue your education; you will be charged nothing, for these services.

Kansas City, MO Call: 1-816-361-2233 and ask for Hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. House of Hope - A ministry of Fellowship of Faith Ministry, Inc. A Christian home for runaway/throwaway teenage girls, dedicated to healing their whole person. House of Hope provides a loving home, education, and counseling,..., free for troubled girls, and counseling for their families.

Orlando, FL Call: 1-407-843-8686

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. Mercy Ministries of America - A place for troubled girls, and unwed mothers, where mercy triumphs over judgment, and unconditional love conquers all. Providing loving care and free housing, counseling, education, medical treatment,.... A place where all who enter can receive new life.

Nashville, TN Call: 1-615-831-6987
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

what if youre athiest mad monk? do they point to the door or the cross?
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

MRT:

of course not... what is this attitude that christian groups are hateful of everyone?
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

its been my experience that the fundie evangelical christians of america are out to convert or pass judgement on the way other people live. Im christian myself but i accept that we are all gods children, whether black white asian latino or middle eastern, gay straight or bi, male and female, christian muslim jewish budhist hindu athiest etc etc.

the fact is though a lot of christian organizations dont look kindly on outsiders. not all christian groups are, its mostly the ones that are overly zealous in their beliefs.

Comment

that's what I was wondering, is the counseling & guidance free from all religious aspects or not?

Comment

I've seen one similar house in the UK. It's clear that if the more pro-lifers spent more time helping those who are in trouble with pregnancy than condemning them the abortion rate would be a lot lower.

Comment

Well, there's the Gabriel project run by the Catholics as well. I don't know how much they do, but such groups do exist.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Spiritual guidance is there if you want it, but it's not forced, at least not in those homes that I know of.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                        the fact is though a lot of christian organizations dont look kindly on outsiders. not all christian groups are, its mostly the ones that are overly zealous in their beliefs.
                        The only christian groups I've seen like that have been characatures on TV. Most devout christians I know are like Ned Flanders, folks who would give the shirt off their back in a snow storm.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
                          I've seen one similar house in the UK. It's clear that if the more pro-lifers spent more time helping those who are in trouble with pregnancy than condemning them the abortion rate would be a lot lower.
                          A sane, pragmatic approach to birth control/contraception wouldn't hurt either.
                          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

When I was small, my mum offered to adopt the unborn child of her friend, to stop her having a termination.

Some people will go to lengths to stop what they percieve to be murder.

Despite being a raving liberal, I've always been divided over the abortion issue.

Comment

My parish is involved in the Gabriel Project. Catholics are generally a lot less asinine than you seem to think MRT. A lot of the work is aiding non-Catholics, such as Mother Theresa's work in Calcutta.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X