Why are black people so fast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are black people so fast?

I was just flipping through the channels, watched a foot race w/ a bunch of black guys and one white guy. Anyway, the slowest black guy outran the white guy. I assume the white guy had to be the fastest white guy on earth, just to be there. It struck me, over my many years, I have seen many such races end exactly the same way.

Why?

Why do fit white guys like me have zero chance in a race with most fit black guys?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Kenya is notorious for having some of the best runners in the world, and thats largely due to their altitude.

they train much higher than many others, and their lungs are adapted to working with a little less oxygen.

whwn they come to our level, they have less trouble breathing while running. thats why most marathons are won by Kenyans etc.

there are also a lot of studies on this about how african's stidated muscle tissue is stronger / more durable or something.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Also people from kenya are fairly tall and have a strong tradition of running long distance which doesn't really exist elsewhere in the world. Probably the best potential white runners don't spend all their time training for marathons like the kenyans.
      And then thre's India which has pretty much the lowest number of olympic medals per capita...
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
        And then thre's India which has pretty much the lowest number of olympic medals per capita...
        they should kill off a lot of their capita.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
          Kenya is notorious for having some of the best runners in the world, and thats largely due to their altitude.

they train much higher than many others, and their lungs are adapted to working with a little less oxygen.

whwn they come to our level, they have less trouble breathing while running. thats why most marathons are won by Kenyans etc.

there are also a lot of studies on this about how african's stidated muscle tissue is stronger / more durable or something.
          note, black americans dont win Marathons.
          It doesnt have much to do with race(haha pun). Its an enviornmental thing. I'm not so sure about black's physiology being unique for athlethic superiority. I remember during PA Sociology class talking about this topic (and watching a documentary hosted by Carl lewis ), but I mostly forgot.
          :-p

Comment

I always thought it was simply because, in many of the poor African nations, other sports are rather costly.

But how much does it cost to run?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              I always thought it was simply because, in many of the poor African nations, other sports are rather costly.

But how much does it cost to run?

they get the sneakers for free.

Comment

they get the sneakers for free.
                they dont, maybe that helps them even more.

"hey, im used to painfully running barefoot, but with all this cushiony thing, its not so bad... maybe ill go an extra mile"

Comment

Tour de France should be the same, it's like running, but different. Very few black bike races though...yes?
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Interesting question, blacks have traditionally lived in hotter climes so the body reacts over 10's of millennia and becomes lankier/taller to increase evaporation to regulate body temps. People who live in colder areas or have "recently migrated from colder areas have bulkier/shorter bodies to conserve heat. Longer legs usually translates into better foot speed...

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      Tour de France should be the same, it's like running, but different. Very few black bike races though...yes?
                      running and biking is a different sport.

If you argue that blacks are biologically superior in general, yes its weird that you dont see much blacks in bicycling.

But its not the case so its not all that strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                        Interesting question, blacks have traditionally lived in hotter climes so the body reacts over 10's of millennia and becomes lankier/taller to increase evaporation to regulate body temps. People who live in colder areas or have "recently migrated from colder areas have bulkier/shorter bodies to conserve heat. Longer legs usually translates into better foot speed...
                        then a white man with same body porportion should have equal chance with blacks no?

But during competition a same sized whites often lose alot to blacks, so I dont think ur argument of "blacks win because they got longer legs" really work.

Comment

i'll throw in the obligatory "they get all that practice running from the cops" comment now, so no important poster gets banned.

Comment

i'll throw in the obligatory "they get all that practice running from the cops" comment now, so no important poster gets banned.
                            Don't give me a reason to close the thread
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Don't give me a reason to close the thread
                              yes massah. ubah dun wan no trubbles.

Comment

Working...
                              X