My 7-11 was firebombed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    Pennsylvania hasn't discovered Engineering yet... there are no bridges... the roads lead to the water where you have to swim. Also, cross the river doesn't cost 1/3 movement point.

If you have ever driven on PA roads you know that they aren't exactly the high point of our state.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

we had a mosque pop up in my neighbor hood about 2 months before 9-11.

man, they sure picked a bad time to set up.

that place was burnt to the ground the day after the attack.

and i, um, swear i wasn't there.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

the firebombing was not a counter-terrorist thing or hate crime... the three people inside were two workers and a customer. the workers were puerto rican and the customer was black. police said the firebombing might have been drug related.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
          Pittsburgh? yeah i sure want to live in a city of abandoned steel mills surrounded by three rivers... i guess not being able to walk out the city limits makes yall love it... you know, just like how prisoners don't mind their prison too much.
          And this is different from Philly how?
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Driving East to West (and vice versa) in PA sux big rocks painted green and covered with vegamite.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

And this is different from Philly how?
              he never said "I sure want to live in philly".
              :-p

Comment

Isn't there a "disgruntled 7-11 employees" website?

Perhaps that's why.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

If you have ever driven on PA roads you know that they aren't exactly the high point of our state.

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

DanS are you from PA?

As a Pennsylvanian, let me just say that the state IS very nice once you get out of Philadelphia. I'm the first to admit, that place is a ****hole and we'd all be better off if it just disappeared from the map.
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

well damn...

anyway, it appears to be drug related. i know that this one indian store by my way be fooling around with dealers so my guess is that this 7-11 was being used for drug purposes (probably employees selling **** on the side). actually, now that i think about it, that would make quite a bit of sense. i always did see some crackheads hanging around that area

thanks
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

DanS are you from PA?

IIRC, He works for DepTransportation... or is that Adam Smith? Oh well, I dunno...
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

DanS are you from PA?

Worse. I'm from Ohio and live in Washington, D.C. When I drive home, I most often take the Turnpike. It totally blows. I've started going through West Virginia and Virginia to avoid it.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Ya, I've driven on the PA turnpike. It supposedly 8 miles that is the only completed section of the Turnpike. It's still worse then any road in Maryland. PA roads = Torture
                            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

Pennslyvania has high points? I thought they were all stripmined flat.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X