Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of Athlete's foot...

Never go bare foot in a public shower.

I did it just once, a year ago, and picked up a fungus.

It took a hell lot to treat it.

Never wear old sneakers.

I did.

The fungus is back, and tougher and sneakier than before.

Not only, but it has now spread to my index finger on the hand i used to applied the cream (right). I'm paralized. I can't scratch anything.

God dammit. I was just going to meet my gf and make up for lost time....

How do I treat it to heal fast?

I'm already putting lots of prescription cream on it.

that's nasty...
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

dp?
      CSPA

Comment

Pee on your feet, and/or get sunburned where the fungus is located.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
          Pee on your feet, and/or get sunburned where the fungus is located.
          Or wash them...
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you've got fungus on your finger?
            are you sure it's "ordinary" athlete's foot? I didn't know you could get that on your fingers

don't wear tight shoes. even better: wear sandals or something like that
            CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              Or wash them...
              That'll prevent it, but it won't get rid of it. Urine and UV is the way to go for a cure.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

What kind of cream are you using? I don't know about Israel, but in the US there are an awful lot of over the counter anti-fungal medications that are worthless, despite the fact that years ago most of the prescription anti-fungal creams went over the counter. Try finding a cream with Clotrimazole in it. Use it twice daily for two to four weeks. Be sure to do something about your socks and shoes too. I usually tell patients to put a good antifungal powder in their socks once a day. In the US Tinactin powder is good for this. Wear only white cotton socks during the treatment period.

One other thing.....don't listen to loinburger. He's a quack.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Amputate your foot and you'll never have to worry about athlete's foot again.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

"Fast acting Tanactin" is supposed to be good. Personally I've never had athelete's foot though because the Army taught me to always, always, ALWAYS, wear shower shoes. My high school even made us wear them.

Also let everything dry out (socks, shows, etc) before you reuse them and wash your socks with bleach before you reuse them. Lastly, make sure a dermitologist checks out your funguis just in case he can give you something stronger then the over the counter stuff.

Comment

One other thing.....don't listen to loinburger. He's a quack.

yeah don't sunburns make you more seceptable to infections?

and I have yet to hear a medical professional cite the use of urine as a successful topical agent for anything
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have heard peeing on your toes worked but I've never actually done so myself.

Comment

you be the guinea pig for that study, mkay Oerdin
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sirotnikov is the one with athelete's foot...

Comment

Working...
                              X