Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because at home people have answering machines
    I thought that was the same thing.
    I mean, you receive voicemails on your answering machine?
    CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      Now if these ludite Euros were really into the 21st century then they would have one voice mail box which they accessed via their mobile, home, or office phones like we Californians do.

Call forwarding is another nice feature we have. You call one number and the persons mobile, office, and home number ring so you don't have to bother tracking the call ditching bastard down.
      Is that why Europe is constantly two years or more ahead of the USA when it comes to mobile communications?

I'm seriously considering getting a 3-phone. The video call stuff is sweet and the ability to download pictures and movies off of the Net to the mobile is kick arse.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Not having voice mail is our form of protesting against the establishment.
        Blah

Comment

I've had a voice mailbox attached to my mobile somewhere in the 90s, as well as the built-in digital answering machine of my stationary phone enabled. I disabled both, when they got annoying. When I'm away, I'm away, live with it.

Comment

I have voice mail on my cell... that's it. I might get an answering machine just so it will pick up after 4 rings when someone who I don't want to talk to is calling my home.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Voice mail I hate leaving message, always prefer to speak to a real person.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I'm a bad message person. Usually I get frazzled and leave something stupid.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Europeans: GET VOICEMAIL

Question:

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  Why is it no one I call in Europe--not even at major businesses--seems to have voicemail?
                  Answer:

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  I NEED TO LEAVE YOU A DAMNED MESSAGE.

AAAAAAARRRGGGggggggghhh!
                  “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I love my answering machine. I use it to screen all my calls.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                      X