No announcement yet.

How do you avoid getting sick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luck, basically. Even though I'm far from being "in shape", I'm healthy enough to almost never get sick...
    DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Easy! Stay the hell away from people.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: How do you avoid getting sick?

Originally posted by Oerdin
        . What do you folks do to keep yourseleves from getting sick?
        I make sure never to sleep with an open balcony door. That is what makes me catch a cold most of the time. Nasty colds too.

Comment

Oh yeah, stress avoidance. If you can't avoid it, make sure you have a wind down/relax session at some point of the day. If I stay stressed for long periods of time I'll fall ill pretty quickly. I guess this is my body insisting on a break.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

also sex.

the more you get, the more strong your immune system becomes.

people with frequent colds, dont get much

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              UR: How do cold showers help?
              Strengthens your immune system. Or, if you prefer, you can join the Polar Bear Club
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Rookie. I've not been to the doctor in 25 years.
                Yeah, that doesn't mean you haven't been sick for 25 years.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                  also sex.

the more you get, the more strong your immune system becomes.

people with frequent colds, dont get much

Bull****.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I was seriously sick for the first time in my life a couple of years ago with a rare strain of food poisoning. I'm 29, and other than that, I've never had anything more serious than a couple days of "sniffles".

Why? Because my mom didn't obsess about washing (yes, we washed our hands, just not compulsively), and we never took medication if it wasn't necessary . Aside from the medication I took for that food poisoning, I have probably taken less than a dozen pills my whole life.

Lesson: Strengthening (or not weakening) your immune system keeps you well.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Bull****.
                      was that an achou?

Comment

Sava, talking to horses isn't bad. If one ever talks back though, then you're screwed.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                        X