The E3 2003 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reds4ever

I totally agree some of the 'dark' tension maybe missing, but for a sheer panic stricken, adrenalin(sp) rush Serious Sam is the heir apparent to Doom.
    Sam requires you to kill all the enemies

Sam is missing the whole "Oh my god I dont have enough manpower to kill off all the enemies in this room" panic mode. I hope Doom III would have that :crosses fingers:
    :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      DOOM III is going to be the greatest E3 game story? Single player?

Have you played an id game recently? All of their GAME developers left long ago, what you've got left is a technical team to make engines.
      ok maybe I should haave worded it as having the best theme or something like that. What I meant was, first doom didnt have much of a story but single player was real good cause it was dark and all and it got you really scared of the enemies.

Comment

I find Doom3 terribly unappealing...
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

In my opinion, there are only five games worth caring about: Deus Ex 2, Halo 2, Max Payne 2, Doom 3 and Half Life 2.
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

Got a thing for sequels, eh?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
              I find Doom3 terribly unappealing...
              From I've seen of Doom III, it looks to me like Quake II did at the time. ie very pretty but...

Comment

No - got a thing for awesome games that they're making sequels to. I really wish that a new game as revolutionary as the original myth, half life or Max Payne would come out, but from my perspective, I just don't see that happening...
                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

make sure to highlight august 27th 2003 on your calendar kiddies.

I cant wait to get a copy of my US version as well

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II

Sam requires you to kill all the enemies

Sam is missing the whole "Oh my god I dont have enough manpower to kill off all the enemies in this room" panic mode. I hope Doom III would have that :crosses fingers:
                    I don't like being pesimistic, but theres not a cat in hells chance of Doom3 being like that..check out the screen shots

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

I don't like being pesimistic, but theres not a cat in hells chance of Doom3 being like that..check out the screen shots
                      dude theres like 8 screenshots available

besides Resident evil 1 was like that. Look how crappy 2 turned out to be, even when they increased max enemy potential

Comment

There's an entire alpha build, and a leaked trailer from E3 2002.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

How about Pirates 2, anyone?
                          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

The alpha build doesnt run well on my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                              How about Pirates 2, anyone?
                              Civ3 : Play the Scenarios
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

(Bump)

The Xbox is now $179US/$249CDN, instead of $199US.
                                Sony did the same thing immediately after, even though not a month ago Sony denied they'd drop any price and said they were "happy at the $199 pricepoint".

Looks like Sony's cocky on the outside, scared on the inside.
                                Last edited by Asher; May 14, 2003, 19:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X