Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffor

Civ3 : Play the Scenarios
    Hopefully, something they will, or are, working on.

Atari/Infog was supposed to be making announcements soon, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II

dude theres like 8 screenshots available

besides Resident evil 1 was like that. Look how crappy 2 turned out to be, even when they increased max enemy potential
      Sorry, i meant demo

Comment

FPS = AWESOME... ALL WHO OPPOSE SUCK!
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The Adventure Company just announced that Jane Jensen of Gabriel Knight fame will be designing a new game for their company... between that, Full Throtle 2, and Freelance Police, there is hope for adventure games yet.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm waiting till the price for a console gets to be around $49 to grab one...
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

I'm still waiting for consoles to be given away for free before I grab one...
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Deus Ex 2 is something I'm REALLLLY looking forward to. It is looking awesome, and the first game was great as well .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                  I'm waiting till the price for a console gets to be around $49 to grab one...
                  then grab a dreamcast
                  :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Sony is going to make its own handeld. According to this IGN article, it will be impressive. I intended to buy myself a GBA SP, but I'm now hesitating, for this thing seems to have what it takes to be a perfect handheld :

E3 2003: Sony Goes Handheld!
                    First specs and details on PSP (PlayStation Portable).
                    May 13, 2003 - Sony came out swinging today with a major announcement regarding its entry into the handheld market: the PSP. With a screen measuring in at a tidy 4.5 inches, the new device surely must have Nokia, Nintendo and other portable/handheld deck-makers quaking in their boots. In fact, the device is apparently so monumental, it has at least one Sony exec calling the unit "the Walkman of the 21st Century." Additionally, Ken Kutaragi, CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and father of the Playstation commented that the device will be more powerful than the original PlayStation.

And just what makes this wondertoy so appealing? Well, other than the obvious welcome addition to the handheld market, we'd say it's these drool-worthy (and preliminary) specs:

# UMD or Universal Media Device. This storage media is 60mm, about half the size of the traditional CD and has a capacity of 1.8GB. That's right GB. Expect massively complex, detailed gaming (for your handheld anyway). 2.4 inches.
                    # ATRAC encoding support (Sony's proprietary sound format used in their minidiscs). This could mean it will be a multi-media device.
                    # Graphics specs are also impressive: NURB technology for rendering with full 3D polygons.
                    # The unit's widescreen LCD screen (480x272, that's the coveted 16:9 ratio we all love) will be backlit.
                    # The unit's sound processing will feature full 3D sound, PCM, and will be "fully reconfigurable."
                    # MIPS 32-bit processor.
                    # Also, a secure ROM cartridge for anti-piracy efforts.
                    # Super-one-chip solution for graphics, sound, etc.
                    # Memory stick will be used for game saves. Also, for GPS functionality.
                    # Rechargeable battery.
                    # CPU: 90 nanometers with a clock speed TBD.
                    # USB 2.0 connection for talking to your PC, cellphone, even your PS2.
                    # Embedded RAM.
                    # Supports additional video codecs (other than MPEG 4.)

We suspect that the PSP will also come equipped with an analog stick and, since the media is disc-based, it may also have a flip-top lid/cover.

IGN is tracking more info on the PSP and hopes to be breaking more news and details about the unit soon.
                    Get SP.

1. Games are here NOW. Great games like GOLDEN SUN and GOLDEN SUN THE LOST AGE
                    2. Probably much less bulky than the PSP
                    3. More developer support
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

The SNES also had more developer support than the PSX originally, Tass.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        The SNES also had more developer support than the PSX originally, Tass.
                        So many handhelds have come out (some were even superior to gameboy) but they all failed

If it's small and has lotsa great games........I'll buy it. But I dont want to have a huge, clunky machine with poor games
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Something tells me Sony knows what it's doing with the PSP.

Something tells me Nintendo is going to start throttling back their insane royalty fees for the GBA now to be competitive.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

i wished that the sony handheld was size of portable cd player with ps1 game compatibility (sega nomad style).... but it seems like its going to be cartridge based (GBA style).

Being able to play re-released ps1 games on sony handheld would be cool, but I didnt like the idea of repurchasing all the SNES games for GBA (alot of them are basically ports)

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

So many handhelds have come out (some were even superior to gameboy) but they all failed
                              Sega Nomad was awesome... too bad battery life sucked and it never got popular

Comment

Why do you think it's cartridge based?

From what I read it's a 1.8GB disc.

Comment

Working...
                                X