Gonna kill kill kill kill Kill the poor tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna kill kill kill kill Kill the poor tonight

Behold the sparkle of champagne, the crime rate's gone feel free again!

Homeless man set on fire, police say
    'We believe it was intentional'
    Monday, May 12, 2003 Posted: 9:02 AM EDT (1302 GMT)

SALINAS, California (AP) -- A homeless man was doused with a flammable liquid and set on fire as he slept, leaving him with third-degree burns to more than 40 percent of his body.

The 56-year-old man was standing with his clothes singed off when officers found him late Saturday. The lower half of his body was covered with flames.

"It was very bad. His skin was hanging off him, completely charred," said Salinas Police Lt. Manuel Perrine. "From his feet to his waist and everything in between was severely burned."

The man was hospitalized in serious condition Sunday.

Investigators believe the fire was set on purpose and that whoever was behind it knew the victim and was trying to kill him, although no suspects have been identified, Perrine said.

"It wasn't a cooking accident. We believe it was intentional," he said. "We don't think it's a random thing."

The results of lab tests on the liquid were still pending, but police suspect it was gasoline. They didn't recover the device that was used to ignite the liquid.

The homeless man was sleeping against the wall of a small medical building when the fire was set, and the smoke and flames blew out the windows and caused moderate damage to the building, Perrine said.
    Stop Quoting Ben

Another ]Michael Malloy[/url]?

Comment

Sorry about the link, it's to a Google cache site.

Comment

Imagine waking up being burnt all over the place
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

not a pleasant experience I'm sure.

Amazingly people are burned all the time throughout the U.S. I'm not sure what makes this case so different.

Comment

Dissident, it's not because this case is unique, it's because these attacks are atrocious. That's why the press should carry these stories, to alert people to these barbaric acts in a supposedly civilised society, so they could help stamping it out.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The reality is this is just another attempted homicide in a world where thousands are killed each day. Is it any more horrible then a dad who beats his 2 month old child to death or a mom who drowns her kids to get even with her cheating husbad?

They all suck.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm afraid to say something for fear of not being politically correct.

I do agree that perhaps we do need more press on crimes against the homeless. For the most part they are ignored by society. But where I live every crime is reported, no matter who it is. So it isn't as much as a problem where I live.

And yes it is a very horrific crime. In fact this seems to be a growing trend in society the past 20 years or so. Or perhaps it is only being better reported. These crimes against the homeless may have been going on for 30 or 40 years for all we know. So it is difficult to judge whether attitudes towards the homeless are becoming worse- or the reporting is just getting better.

Comment

It really is a shame people see the homeless as legitimate targets of "fun" I know with a local bum nearby of two major incidents: one time during a freezing winter day some people doused him with cold water, and another time they stole the cup that he had been storing the money he begged in. I also remember a little further while back there was an incident in a guy selling videos of homeless people he paid to fight each other and do humiliating stunts. It really is sick that people would want to do stuff like that...
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                    I also remember a little further while back there was an incident in a guy selling videos of homeless people he paid to fight each other and do humiliating stunts. It really is sick that people would want to do stuff like that...
                    Yes, I remember that one. Disgusting!

Comment

There is nothing wrong about it. He didn't force them to do anything, they agreed to do a job, for money that he paid them. What are they doing is nothing of your bussiness. The guy made some good bussiness, and they got paid, so they can eat. I think it's great actually.

[/libertarian]
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Dissident, it's not because this case is unique, it's because these attacks are atrocious. That's why the press should carry these stories, to alert people to these barbaric acts in a supposedly civilised society, so they could help stamping it out.

"Alert" ppl to these acts? What are the ppl realy going to or suppose to do about it? Really all it does is give more idiots ideas, creates copy cats, and tells children they can fly.

I am not saying to censor the media, I am just saying one shouldn't exploit it.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                          There is nothing wrong about it. He didn't force them to do anything, they agreed to do a job, for money that he paid them. What are they doing is nothing of your bussiness. The guy made some good bussiness, and they got paid, so they can eat. I think it's great actually.

[/libertarian]
                          Just because it is legal does not mean it is not disturbing.
                          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Japher: increasing awareness of crime doesn't increase crime
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That's your opinion Sava
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X