Gas for 4 cents a gallon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah

On the way home form a golf course out in the sticks, I stopped at an old 2 pump place, and the guy actually came out, pumped the gas, cleaned my windshield and checked the oil. I was so shocked that the next day, I figured that due to all the beer we drank, it must not have really happened. The tank was almost full though.

RAH
    I do hope that the driver wasn't drunk.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

They offer to do it here, but I never do this. I go the self service route, and save ~4c per liter.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
        I do hope that the driver wasn't drunk.
        I don't know. I didn't ask him, and I was pretty far gone to tell

rah
        we used to have those too, but not anymore.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Gasoline isn't a sole or exclusive product line off of crude. It costs more than that to make, but, supply and demand come into play. Gasoline is made of lighter fractions, so to refine intermediate and light crudes into heavier products like asphalt and a lot of polymer bases, you end up with a lot of gasoline. Do that as an OPEC producer, where you have a huge amount of oil, and you need those other products more than you need lighter fractions like naptha, kerosene and the mix of stuff to make gasoline, and you end up with a big oversupply of light stuff. Gasoline at four cents means they're getting compensated for some of the disposal costs, because it costs more than four cents to transport it.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

The irony here is that for the next couple of weeks, the US military will be importing gasoline at 90 cents a gallon or whatever and selling it to the Iraqi consumer at 4 cents.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Irony, or morony?
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
              X