Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas for 4 cents a gallon

War has left Iraq oil-rich but gas-poor
    Fury grows in Baghdad, where the wait to fill up can be 10 hours--if the power doesn't go out

By Tom Hundley
    Tribune foreign correspondent
    Published May 12, 2003

BAGHDAD -- Iraq sits atop a sea of oil, but its citizens now wait in lines that stretch for miles to buy a tank of gasoline.

At 4 cents a gallon, a fill-up remains a bargain, but that's small compensation for having to wait up to 10 hours in line.

The article continues, but 4 cents a gallon

Wouldn't it be funny to find that it includes a 300% tax?

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

I wish I could drive there to fill up on some gas.

The gas tax here is killing me.

almost a buck for a liter.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

I prefer way more paying 1 € a litre of gas rather than waiting 10 hours.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
        almost a buck for a liter.
        Wow, I didn't know Israel had environment friendly policies (this post is not ironic)
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

They are only waiting in line now because of shortages. It sounded like it's always been that low. Even if the oil is free, i thought it cost more that 4 cents a gallon to refine and distribute it.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

enviromentally friendly policies.

( I am a car driver. In any case, air pollution is not such a big problem since electricity utility is government owned, and they usually keep their **** clean, water and land pollution, .. These are bad. )
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              They are only waiting in line now because of shortages. It sounded like it's always been that low. Even if the oil is free, i thought it cost more that 4 cents a gallon to refine and distribute it.
              well, perhaps not, specially if you don't have to ship it overseas. Unless it is heavily subsidized to get to 4 cents a gallon.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Perhaps they have refined gasoline pipes going around.

still that does sound cheap. DIRT cheap. As soon as we sign a peace deal with the new puppet government, I am going for a roadtrip.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

dp. I haven't done any in a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                    enviromentally friendly policies.
                    Hey, I'm a Eurocom and I just praised your country ! Don't you know gratitude ?

Comment

dp. I haven't done any in a long time

You know, this sentence is so.... versatile.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I have just understood

Comment

even if gas cost 4 cents a gallon, American companies would still charge us a dollar+
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No they wouldn't.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

you don't know much about American companies...
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X