X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"(refers to the US south)"
    Mexicans don't count as Southerners.
    I noticed some seemed to be wondering.
    Additionally, residents of the South Pole aren't Southern.

You scored a 84% on the "How Southern Are You?" Quizie!

Texas. It's like a whole other world.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

48%, Despite being one of the farthest north of our North American posters
      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Yeah, it is, Tex. 84% for me also.

DD and JohnT are clearly closet carpetbaggers. Let's get some rope.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Got one, Michael.
          Position that horse, would you please ?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Comment

I have the impression that southern USians are polite people.

Then someone told me that unlike Greece where you can get into an argument, shout, even curse but it doesn't have much chances on this getting to the exchange of blows or anything, in Texas if a Texan becomes pissed at you, it's over, he gets the gun out and better luck in the next world.

Is that true or what?

Comment

Only with old-timers like me.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Nothing closet about me... I moved down South (note the proper capitalization) when I was but a year old. I've been doing my best to catch up, but being in Atlanta didn't help my Southernization. After all, all we Atlantans know about the Old South is Coca-Cola and GWTW.

BUT AT LEAST I'M STILL HERE, MIKEY!!!!!!!!!

:gets counter-rope:

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                    Then someone told me that unlike Greece where you can get into an argument, shout, even curse but it doesn't have much chances on this getting to the exchange of blows or anything, in Texas if a Texan becomes pissed at you, it's over, he gets the gun out and better luck in the next world.
                    It is very, very uncommon to see two sober strangers yell at each other, and it's almost guaranteed that on the rare times you do see it, and if one party curses, the other party will ask him not to curse - "Please don't take the Lord's name in vain!" is a common refrain in Southern fights.

And no, that's not true of Texas, it's just the image they want to portray.
                    Last edited by JohnT; May 12, 2003, 17:25.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

The reason why they didn't score as high:

1) Neither DD nor JohnT are racist.

2) DD and JohnT most likely brush their teeth.
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Shhhhhhh!

Comment

8%

I wouldent be caught dead with a redneck.

Comment

68%
                            guess cause ive lived away so long

you can move the southern girl
                            but you can't take the southern out of her.
                            "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

American by Birth...Southern by the Grace of God!

80% Southern!
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

You scored a 82% on the "How Southern Are You?" Quizie!
                                284 people had a score lower than yours

15 people had a score higher than yours

1 people had a score the same as yours

Comment

Working...
                                X