Microsoft Admits Passport Security Flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher

Someone should also explain to you the concept of a thread. Using my cheeky implication months ago in another thread that some people (in general) were necropheliacs.
    I like this, trying to back out of it. The context was the thread on whether it was right to show pictures of dead combatants in the Iran-Iraq war and myself and a few other posters were arguing that in a democracy people really should know what goes on in war. You called us sick necrophiliacs and you weren't joking; indeed you were in high dudgeon at the time. There was nothing cheeky about it - it was a pretty sick thing to say.

Add to that the continual stream of abuse you hurl whenever I disagree with you, aimed at my job (despite your poor understanding of it) and whatever else, even after I try to be nice to you and you can see why I'd get annoyed. I don't care if you disagree, but the tone is sometimes grating and motivates me to perhaps say things I'd rather not.

Or at least be a man and apologize.
    Alright then, I'm sorry if you were offended but the original post in this thread was meant to be a joke (surely you can see that your die-hard support of MS is funny - I can see that my occasionally over the top defence of things I like is funny - obsession is part of being human). However, you obviously couldn't see this and went off at the deep end at me, saying that you'd ban me if you were a mod, and you told me to grow up.

Now call me an idiot but isn't basically implying you're going to the equivalent of telling the teacher and telling me to grow up a little rich?

Looking back on it, I think I should have omitted "gay" (although "fascist" and "rich" can stay ) as I realise you've had a tough time coming out to your folks. Nothing particularly evil was intended by that.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

I was just having an intellegent OS discussion with Asher!

Now where did he go?

Comment

How can anybody in the right state of mind equate me with being fascist? I don't understand.

I've always been very socially liberal...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I guess one for a week is ok. I'd rather play GalCiv, so the rest of you chill with the insults towards Agathon. He won't be replying for a while anyway.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I thought GALCIV sucked as much as the orignal

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Awwwww, poor little rich gay fascist boy.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I must say that the concept of a "rich, gay, fascist" is quite remarkable. How many of those can there be?
                I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.--Patton

Comment

Awww... Agathon is okay with me. He laughed at my Haiku in Speer's poetry thread... you know, the one that started off with "not to be gay or nothing." (EDIT Speer's thread not my haiku)

Asher - normally, I'm with you on your promotion of Microsoft, but in this case it seems to be a pretty blatant security hole that they should have fixed. I fail to see how you can just say that Microsoft didn't do anything negligent here.
                  "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Im sorry i havent been in english class for years. Isnt that an Oxymoron?

Comment

I mean you know...

what with a Fascist being gay
                      and all

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                        Asher - normally, I'm with you on your promotion of Microsoft, but in this case it seems to be a pretty blatant security hole that they should have fixed. I fail to see how you can just say that Microsoft didn't do anything negligent here.
                        They did fix it, 3 hours after they found out about it, it was patched...

Or are you saying they should've known it existed? In that, case, of course that'd be nice. But when you produce as much software as MS, and have so many people constantly trying to break it, things happen.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Have any of you guys ever programmed? I mess with VB and I have a hell ov a time putting together a program with more than 2 forms and 500 lines of code. Let alone a friggin thing like .net. **** happens. Its nobodies fault, software security is alot like Airline safety. Its a policy written with blood. You dont know somethings wrong, till it happens.

Comment

A little bit more diversity in the world of computer operating systems would make incidents like this not as widespread or as potentially destructive, IMO.

Gatekeeper
                            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

They did patch it really quick for sure. The thing is that the security hole was caused by simply entering a value into the URL to take over someone's account if I'm not mistaken. This seems really dumb. The system should have been designed with better security than that.
                              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                                I thought GALCIV sucked as much as the orignal
                                We all care about the opinions of gas-pumpers, Steverino.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X