Fighting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting.

It's a sad truth that fighting is a part of growing up for young men.

I haven't been in a fight for years. I think one explanation is that I grew up to be a lot larger than most other people, although I don't look particularly mean.

The last good fight I was in was at high school where me and a much larger guy were fighting in a classroom before the teacher arrived. I put up a pretty good show, so no one bothered with me after that. It was a pretty mean scrap with a couple of thrown chairs at one point, although no serious damage was done. I'd say I was probably losing on points, but the teacher turned up before the fight finished (you can imagine the trouble).

So when was the last fight you were in, and did you win?
    I've been in lots of fights.
    13.33%
    I've been in a few fights.
    56.67%
    I've never been in a fight.
    26.67%
    I killed a man over a banana.
    3.33%
    Only feebs vote.

the last fight i was in was exactly a year ago in the school hallway... this one guy smacked a girl on her ass and i fought him... i got suspended and because i had been in dozens of fights previously, another suspension would run me the risk of being expulsed so i havent been in a fight in a year...
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
      the last fight i was in was exactly a year ago in the school hallway... this one guy smacked a girl on her ass and i fought him... i got suspended and because i had been in dozens of fights previously, another suspension would run me the risk of being expulsed so i havent been in a fight in a year...
      That's one of the few things that would get me mad enough to hit someone. It's totally out of order.

Why do some people just seem to be "fight magnets"? I reckon I don't get into much bother when I'm at the pub, because I'm a fairly easy going person: a friend of mine is always getting hassled though (what the hasslers didn't know is that three of our friends were national karate champions - that was pretty funny).
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Was this a random guy slapping a random girl, a boyfriend/girlfriend, or two friends who viewed this as acceptable, or did you know?
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

they were cool... i dont know about being friends with each other exactly... but he smacked her and she got a little irritated and i asked if she wanted me to do anything and she said yeah but jokingly... she didnt like him touching her like that but it wasnt something she wanted me to get my ass beat for...

and yes, i got my ass beat in that fight... right in the middle of the school hallway between classes...
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Haven't been in a fight for years. I am pretty big and can look nasty when I'm ticked off. The last time I almost got into a fight was when my SO and I were in a pub and three drunks tried to hit on her. The first guy who put his hand on her got thrown around and knocked out cold.

Don't mess with women, esp. when they have years of training in martial arts.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

SO?

Comment

I think he meant significant other.

Comment

is that a fancy word for girlfriend?

Comment

I am generally very Gandhi-like. However, I keep track subconsciously of every single transgression against me, and if the same person has enough, I'll go at em until my anger is unleashed. Then I immediately become passive again, letting them hit me.

I know that sounds weird, but they'll get bored long before they begin to hurt me. I have a high threshold for pain of that type. (As opposed to the "hit by a rubber band" type)

I get into fights once or twice a year.

(The low number might have to do with the fact that my best friend is 11 inches taller than me, and I'm supposed to be tall for my age.)
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

It could mean girlfriend, wife, boyfriend, husband, homosexual partner of either sex

Comment

Well, girlfriend doesn't have to be significant, but an SO is.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The older I get the more I realize that fighting is to be avoided until the very last resort, or self defense.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Been in a couple of fights a long time ago, but always on the receiving end
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

tsk tsk Jaguar Warrior... need to get your ass in more fights

Comment

Working...
                              X