Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain Sorrorities to Siro

EDIT: YES - I MEAN FRATERNITIES.

Now, each high school / college / university has tons of sorrorities with greek / roman names and all kinds of wierd traditions, acceptance and hazing rituals.

i've always wondered: what's the big deal? why do people care?

why do people take the abuse (when there is)?

why doesn't official staff intervene in stuff like hazing / illegal activity?

how did this begin and why?

were any of you part of a sorrority?

how was it? how similar is it to movie depiction?

what crazy stuff did you do?
    Last edited by Sirotnikov; May 9, 2003, 21:33.

You are aware a sorrority is a female only thing, right? Or did you mean sorroriteis and fraternites(male version of the sorrority) too?
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Oh sororities? It's real simple...It's a way for a bunch of stuck up retarded big mouth New Jersey daddy girl sluts to get together and give each other ego massages while pretending to be best friends (when really they all hate each other) for the sole purpose of coming up with clever new ways to attract guys with big dicks and no brains, normally at socials events known as 'keggers', who will **** them, treat them like ****, and then dump their ass on the curb.
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by orange
        Oh sororities? It's real simple...It's a way for a bunch of stuck up retarded big mouth New Jersey daddy girl sluts to get together and give each other ego massages while pretending to be best friends (when really they all hate each other) for the sole purpose of coming up with clever new ways to attract guys with big dicks and no brains, normally at socials events known as 'keggers', who will **** them, treat them like ****, and then dump their ass on the curb.
        Bitter?

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

orange, sounds like you were spurned by a sorority gal, or a frat didnt want you to pledge.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Well sorrority girls due have the reputation of easily falling for frat guys...
            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

of course, but the system works. it keeps the normals from breeding with the muties.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Bitter?

ACK!
                What gave you that idea

orange, sounds like you were spurned by a sorority gal, or a frat didnt want you to pledge.
                As if I would ever pledge a fraternity

Stick with the first guess
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Originally posted by orange

What gave you that idea

As if I would ever pledge a fraternity

Stick with the first guess
                  Wasn't the girl in the blue dress was it?

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I hardly think the poor old chaps questions are answered, and I do think he's refering to both sororite and other forms of fratanitations. And to us civilized it's still an enigma.

Comment

nooooooo...

honestly half of what was said in that rant doesn't apply to who I got 'burned' by...but even those in sororities (including this girl) admits that that's all they are. Half of them are jokes. I just love the way they try to make it seem like they're about philanthropy and not getting totally pissed and passing out on some guy's bunk

Comment

why do they have greek letters?

is there a tradition/explanation for this or do they make them feel sophisticated in general?

Comment

I'm not sure, but a friend and I were joking about that...

If a Greek person came to a college campus, they'd wonder why all the buildings had "LKB" or "MEP" or "KKD" all over them

Comment

are they acronyms for some words or just greek letters put together?

Comment

No, just Greek letters...they call the sorority, for example, "Lambda Epsilon Chi", even though it goes by the letters.

Comment

Working...
                              X