Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the Anglo Empire going to reunite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accession law would require each nation to take at least one member of the Royal family. No exceptions.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Americans, for some reason, are suckers for the Royals. We'd lap it up (I think. Maybe not - maybe they're only cool when they're YOUR problem).

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It like watching a man get a football in the groin. Its hilarious as long as you are not the victim.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yeah, ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Furher!

We could do some "simple" things like moving to a common currency, joint citizenship, one armed forces with a joint, joint chiefs, common laws - for example, for patents, trademarks and copyrights, a common court system and one Supreme Court with members appointed by the respective states according to population, etc., etc., etc.

Piece of cake, right?
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I think we've done very well out of europe and don't need to go back to the 'anglo empire' with thier slower rise in living standards.

Our income was stuck at around 2/3rds of the US level from the end of the second world war until we joined the EU, now it's 3/4trs.

Indeed Britian (and Ireland) are the only 'anglo' nations that have actually seen a faster underlying rise in living standards than the EU average.
            19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

one armed forces with a joint

a common court system and one Supreme Court
              Bring back the wigs!!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

I knew that people would start seriously considering this soon.

Striker was drunk.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                  I knew that people would start seriously considering this soon.
                  Good practice for my Economics A2 level :P
                  "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

"I knew that people would start seriously considering this soon.

Striker was drunk."

I see you've been reading about the American Revolution again...
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

As to the Royals and other nobles, their titles could be honorary only - but isn't that the way it is now anyway? Other than that, they should have no official governmental function. No being head of the Church. No House of Lords.

I actually think many in England would welcome this "reform."
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Many, but not enough. Royalism is becoming fashionable again...
                        *sigh*
                        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Skies

Good practice for my Economics A2 level :P
                          I don't think this will come up, but ok
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Arguing for/against British withdrawal from the EU is definitely a possibility. Unit 4's all about the EU.

Comment

I'd rather be a team player for Europe, than team mascot for America.

Comment

If GB, Austrailia, Canada, and NZ really wanted a say in US forign policy...how could they resist this offer?

I believe that the EU was formed to counter-balance US economic power. If they lose GB and this "Anglo-Empire" were to come into being then the EU as a whole could become beholden to Anglo economic policy.
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X