No announcement yet.

I Destroyed My Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah. No format needed yet. Clear your CMOS jumper (im 0% sure it sounds corrupt), boot from CD/Floppies afterwards then save all important information and then format C:.

Also dont forget to Fdisk P. partition

Comment

That 0 should of been 80 but something went terribly wrong with ACS

Comment

It has nothing to do with the BIOS.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I suggest too a clean reinstallation of the system. No other good way to fix your problem. If you feel uncertain about it, ask someone else to do it for you.

/me goes back building his new system.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Ummm...UR.. Bios corrupts man. Trust me. I gauruntee if he clears the jumper it would fix most if not all his problems

Comment

Put this more into perspective. He can get into Windows. Windows loads fine, but reboots. Which indicates windows is fine. Its either
              1) The dieing gasp of a Hard Drive
              2) A CMOS corruption caused by loss of power
              3) Some screwy OS problem. But its unlikely since it Starts up and works before it reboots

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                But its unlikely since it Starts up and works before it reboots
                But he also said that it works just fine in safe mode, so it's probably a corrupt driver file etc. Reformatting/reinstalling will probably fix it.

Comment

Give it a slap
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                    But he also said that it works just fine in safe mode, so it's probably a corrupt driver file etc. Reformatting/reinstalling will probably fix it.
                    You get my vote.
                    What?

Comment

What is CMOS. How can I check for this?

By the way thank you all for helping me.

Comment

Originally posted by Insigna

Insigna : don't go screwing in there if you don't have to. If you are able to boot in safe mode, as Willem said, it is most probably the OS which is the problem.
                        Reformat and reinstall first.
                        What?

Comment

Originally posted by Insigna

If it was CMOS, you would have had a message come up saying it was reverting to factory presets long before Windows booted.

It's that DOS looking screen that comes up just when you turn on your computer. It stores info about your system setup, keeps track of your clock and several other things, most of which I don't quite understand. As soon as your system starts, press your Delete key and you'll be taken to the menus that adjust that information.

It uses a battery as a power supply, so if that runs out of juice, you'll start running into some problems with it. But it doesn't sound like that's the issue here. If your CMOS is screwed, you wouldn't even be able to get to Windows.

PS As Richilieu says, don't be messing around inside CMOS unless you understand what you're doing. It's kind of like the foundation of your system. Make a mistake and everything else can come crashing down. Though it wouldn't hurt to look around and see some of the things it controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                            If your CMOS is screwed, you wouldn't even be able to get to Windows.
                            Yup, that's usually the case.

Unless the problem started appearing after he installed something, a program for example, or updated a driver, then he can try rolling back in safe mode.
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Yup, that's usually the case.

Unless the problem started appearing after he installed something, a program for example, or updated a driver, then he can try rolling back in safe mode.
                              He already mentioned that it works in safe mode, so something else that gets loaded towards the end of Window's boot has been corrupted somehow.

Comment

Since safe mode only loads a minimal of bog standard drivers and not any programs from the startup folder, it can be one of those that's causing a reboot.

Comment

Working...
                                X