I Destroyed My Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Destroyed My Computer

Holy God I know not what I did but my comp is going nuts. Every time i turn my comp on it restarts once it has finished booting up and it keeps doing this forever. Is this the crazyest thing that could happen to a comp. It was already used harshly for years. It does not do this in safe mode. Maby my comp has a virus like clumidia or somthing.

format c:
    What?

Comment

i had a simular problem once when it kept going on about restoring some file or summat, I kept loading up in Safe mode and messing with things until it worked again...........
      Up The Millers

Comment

I had this problem too some time ago. another reason to use an OS other than win9x/ME.
        justice is might

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
          i had a simular problem once when it kept going on about restoring some file or summat, I kept loading up in Safe mode and messing with things until it worked again...........
          What sort of things did you mess around with?

Comment

This can happen when computers running windows me or any earlier version of windows have more than 512 mb of physical ram installed. How much ram do you have installed on this thing?

Comment

less then that for shure

Comment

Advice from mickerosoft, "if in doubt reinstall windoze". Or restore backup.

I thougt you should just limit cache on high memory systems. No need to panic just after few freezes.

Comment

BTW have you read bootlog.txt?

Comment

Originally posted by raghar
                    BTW have you read bootlog.txt?
                    No I haven't what is it?

Comment

It's exactly that. It logs boot information, and you can read it and you see what happens.. when you boot that is.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

It's in your c:\bootlog.txt .. you'll see if everything loaded up succesfully or not.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Reformat and reinstall.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Push the other button instead the one you push now when you shut down your computer .
                            In da butt.

Comment

Some more modern computers will restart if the CPU overheats. The heatsync is mounted properly isn't it?
                              Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                              Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                              X