Tornado Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado Trouble

Monkspider, me and a couple more apolytoners I think, are in for a nasty brew of weather tonight. If you don't hear from us for a while after tonight, well, we might be in the land of Oz.

My house got hit pretty hard Sunday night. Took off part of my roof and ripped a storm door off my house. It was pretty scary. Damage turned out to be not that bad. $200 fixed it all. Neighbors across the street lost their chimney. Stop sign at the end of the street was bent in half and trees down everywhere. It was a mess.

If you are in for bad weather then take cover...Momma Nature ain't messin around.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

good luck guys, I know what tornados can be like...
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas.
        The big 3.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

OKC got their heads handed to them, again.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I'm about 300 miles downwind from you, Berzerker. Trust me, I don't have the Ruby Slippers, so don't drop your farmhouse on me, okay?
            "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

I'm so glad not to be livin' near Tornado Alley. I don't think my heart could stand it. I had my standard tornado nightmare again lastnight.

Keep safe guys.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Be careful berzerker. dont wait till the last second to get into the stormcellar if need be.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Just so you're aware Che, Florida is like 5th or 6th in total tornadoes.
                  The vast majority are "weak", but how much do they have to be ?

Comment

Well, didn't know we had more than 3 or 4 people in tornado alley. I knew Slow as in Texas and one of the Monks is down in Wichita. Sorry to hear that Plato, but sounds like y'all got very lucky considering how close you were. They've reported a mile wide tornado, I think that's an F5, just passing south of us about 12-15 miles. It's a monster!

Comment

Need to build a a safe room.

Comment

Thx MRT, but we don't have a storm cellar, lol, we like to live dangerously. Fortunately the lower level here is built into a bank so we do have cover if needed. The problem is chasing down all the damn animals. And our neighbor's cows are in our yard too.

Yeah Slow, looks like Okla City got nailed.

Comment

The irony is that we've lived in tornado alley for about 14 years now and the closest I've been to a tornado is still when I lived in Anaheim, California. That one hit a city block away...

Comment

Holy Jesus, NOW THATS A TORNADO!

well, try and be as careful as possible. otherwise were going to have to all pitch in on the physical therapy when you get injured.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X