No announcement yet.

Wesleyan University 'tis a silly place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would it sound if they said NO Black people allowed?

Racism is wrong no matter who it targets.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver

The DRC is not their natural habitat, it's the making of the CIA and their local assistant Mobutu who right wingers in the US kept in power for three decades.

And it's exactly attitudes like yours that make African-Americans want to live in separate housing.
      Let's see how you'd feel about all-white housing, no non-whites allowed.

EDIT - X-posted with Oerdin.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
        @ Carver

Incidentaly, how is it that the University can get away with segregated dorms? I shudder to think what would happen if the University of Mississippi, for example, tries something like that.
        its because when liberals are racist they can get away with it. stupid double standard.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I guess satire of their views only works with smileys....
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

And Boshko: kudos to any man who can poke a little fun at his own ideology on occasion.
            I love Wes, but it can get pretty surreal at times.
            Jello got it right:

So you been to school for a year or two
            And you know you've seen it all
            In daddy's car thinkin' you'll go far
            Back east your type don't crawl
            Play ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz
            On your five grand stereo
            Braggin that you know how the ******s feel cold
            And the slums got so much soul
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Jeez... this is why movies like PCU are released and people laugh at the far left. People like this just gives the ideology a bad name.

This is what happens well you live in hippie-lefty-ville, Boshko .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yet somehow it's still less distressing that the people on the far right, who inspire not laughter, but fear...
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Jeez... this is why movies like PCU are released and people laugh at the far left. People like this just gives the ideology a bad name.

This is what happens well you live in hippie-lefty-ville, Boshko .
                  you forgot who were the bad guys in that movie Imran...
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Oh Boris, you just wish they had all gay droms back in your day
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      Not at all...we like having straight bois around

And we need our *** hags, too.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

This is what happens well you live in hippie-lefty-ville, Boshko
                        It is

Incidentaly, how is it that the University can get away with segregated dorms?
                        OK, the deal is we have "program houses" where sophomores and up can live (which include Asian/Asian-American House, Chinese House, Sign House, Out House, Womanist House, Women of Color House, Open House, Chi Psi, Malcolm X House, etc. etc.). The current residents get to choose who lives there the following year. This means that the bulk of these houses tend to be of a certain demographic but its never 100%, for example I live in the Bayit (Jewish program house) and I'm not Jewish.

Now the exception was that of all the houses only Malcolm X House was allowed to have frosh live there. This year the university changed that so that the same rule that applied to all the other program houses and a lot of people were annoyed that black students could no longer avoid living with whites for their entire 4 years and demanded that the university change something.

This is the first I've heard of the administration's solution, namely making what used to be Chi Psi (they didn't own their house and got kicked out of it for doing thigns like dumping 500 pound bags of sang all over the floors for a beach party and whatnot...) an "intercultural" dorm for frosh. And now it appears that many students think that intercultural means white-free
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

We have one across the street.
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I would scream if I had to live in hippyville!
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I would scream if I had to live in hippyville!
                              oh and we have people hanging out on the hill regularly (our equivalent of a quad since we don't have a quad ) with a giant bong made out of a 5-gallon water cooler bottle
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

even though im about to go to an art school, i would also hate to live in a hippyville. most my friends go to UC Berkeley or UC santa cruz and they say that there are too many damn dirty hippies on campus.

i can smell them from here.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X