No announcement yet.

The Bagdat Blogger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may or may not be real. But these things can be tricky. Take a look at this blog which fooled the New York Times. http://www.rootnode.org/article.php?sid=26

Comment

Here is an interesting blog that is legitimate (the writer is a public person with a business website:

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
        You know its fake
        Uh, no. We don't.

His english is way to good.
        If you've read it at all, you'd know that he has help from Diana, a native-English speaker. She's been posting from her work.

Even for a tranny.
        What the hell is that supposed to mean?

And there was/is no internet service provider in Iraq
        Uh, yes there was. Besides, he dosen't need his own connection to the Internet if he has Diana outside Iraq to help him until service is restored in Baghdad.

As for the TV. Ohh...wow...Iraq TV. I can get that with my satelitte
        Too much blog to read through to figure out what you're refering to at this time, so I'll leave that one alone.
        Last edited by DRoseDARs; May 8, 2003, 17:06.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I agree that these blogs can be tricky, especially when the person writing is purported to be from a country with a dictatorial regime (i.e., what's the hidden agenda and is it just the CIA planting a blog?).

However, this blog is probably the most popular on Blogspot. You can be sure that they could authenticate the IP coming from Iraq.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

And there was/is no internet service provider in Iraq

Internet country code: .iq
            Internet Service Providers (ISPs): 1 (2000)
            Internet users: 12,500 (2001)

"I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

So people question the veracity of it solely because some of what this person says disagrees with thier pre-set notions of what an Iraqi should be saying?

Man, peole can be damn arrogant.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

We question because many, many reporters have been trying to interview this person in Iraq and some how he's just never available.

If you have questions about our motivations then please ask us instead of calling people names.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Do you have a link on people trying to interview him?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                    So people question the veracity of it solely because some of what this person says disagrees with thier pre-set notions of what an Iraqi should be saying?

That may be part of it. But they also question it based on the lack of concrete evidence. (proof). And based on some of the hoaxes that have been done before. Check out the cancer blog that I linked.

Comment

exactly GePap. Nice to know there's at least someone else here with a brain.

Comment

I know I question the veracity of it first and foremost because it's on the internet.
                        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

So should we go to each and every web diary with the assumption it's a big hoax?

Sorry, that doesn't fly. People are indeed dismissing it because they don't like everything it has to say.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Edan

I know I question the veracity of it first and foremost because it's on the internet.
                            My god, Edan is realy some 69 year old Pakistani midget !

Better not trust the web anymore either...

(Oh My god, what if I am a 69 year old Pakistani midget? ......???)
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                              So should we go to each and every web diary with the assumption it's a big hoax?
                              No, but I don't start by assuming they're true either (with the exception of some sites I've learned to trust, ie. cnn.com, weather.com, etc)

Sorry, that doesn't fly. People are indeed dismissing it because they don't like everything it has to say.
                              Can't speak for other people, only myself.
                              Last edited by Edan; May 8, 2003, 21:01.

Comment

My god, Edan is realy some 69 year old Pakistani midget !
                                Hey, I'm only 68 and a half!

Comment

Working...
                                X