Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paiktis22
    Not really.
    The brit press is generally fairly low in standrads in Europe. BBC is no exception.
    I believe you were speaking about over coming personal biases.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Though I was a little skeptical by the stop of updates pretty early in the war - before the US reached baghdad and while electricity and the rest seemed to still be running. In the end, I just dunno)

maybe when bombs are falling all over you cant easily sit down and write in your word procesor. just maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I believe you were speaking about over coming personal biases.

the brit press consistently gets low grades in quality of press studies in europe.

Comment

paiktis, I now consider you on Fez's level...
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

maybe when bombs are falling all over you cant easily sit down and write in your word procesor. just maybe.
            Maybe, but the bombs weren't going on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There were cameras in bagdad running and you could see cars were moving in the street, and from what one of the articles said, the blogger was writing down the stuff on the days he couldn't access the net...
            "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

The bombs fell pretty systematically and in thich volumes.

Comment

The bombs fell pretty systematically and in thich volumes.
                Which explains the huge 500,000+ civilian deaths that everyone was prediciting....

Oh, wait..
                "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Some of the Bush admin's estimates were that high.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That has nothign to do with thenumber of bombs which were falling.

Comment

Yes, there were a lot of bombs, and yes, estimates were high - however, those bombs were targeted fairly precisely in non-civilian areas and they weren't going off 24 hours a day. Hence you had cars in the street and people going out to shop. Was it perfect? Of course not. But to think that all of the people were simply standing around shellshocked unable to move or do anything for a month just isn't reality.

Comment

to say that they were going around their daily usual business is not reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Edan
                          Yes, there were a lot of bombs, and yes, estimates were high - however, those bombs were targeted fairly precisely in non-civilian areas and they weren't going off 24 hours a day. Hence you had cars in the street and people going out to shop. Was it perfect? Of course not. But to think that all of the people were simply standing around shellshocked unable to move or do anything for a month just isn't reality.
                          I'm sure there was the normal hustle and bustle of the standard business day.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

to say that they were going around their daily usual business is not reality.
                            I'm not saying they were going out and doing their daily usual buisness. But some of them were driving cars (anyone looking at a camera filming baghdad saw that) and some were going shopping for food (hence the deaths when someones (US? Iraqi?) missile misfired and hit a store causing a number of deaths).

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              I'm sure there was the normal hustle and bustle of the standard business day.
                              Which is exactly what I said, right?

Comment

I your
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X