X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby - Advantage!

Nice pick for a thread title guys.

Nobody has really commented on England and France's upcoming SH tour yet. Finbar and I mentioned it briefly, but I'm sure the rest of you must have something to say...
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Re: Rugby - Advantage!

Originally posted by Caligastia
    Nobody has really commented on England and France's upcoming SH tour yet.
    Because no one cares!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

How about the Tuggeranong Vikings under 7's and under 9's? Anyone care about that aside from me?
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Hey Havak - your future mascot at 12 weeks of age.
        Attached Files
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          How about the Tuggeranong Vikings under 7's and under 9's? Anyone care about that aside from me?
          If it's rugby and not its bastard offspring - if you'll pardon, given about whom you're talking, the phraseology - feel free.

Comment

Its rugby. My 4 year old is now playing with his brother.

Aidan is now playing full contact at u/9.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

The English and French will probably struggle against the Tuggeranong Vikings under 9's, although the under 7's match will be a close thing.

Comment

Yes... I cannot see the English and French winning by more than 14 against the u/7s. The u/9s should walk away against them.

Comment

Its rugby. My 4 year old is now playing with his brother.

Aidan is now playing full contact at u/9.
                  What position? Or don't they worry too much about that at that age?

Comment

Positions, yes............

Dominic is a newcomer and so when he hasn't wandered off the field entirely, as he did last week, he can usually be found, say, playing in the dirt in the hole at halfway where they kick off.

Nicholas is now a 3 year veteran of u/7 so he gets very annoyed by this kind of behaviour, having completely forgotten he did exactly the same in his first season. He denies it completely of course.

Aidan is now learning that rugby involves some pain and aggression and told me with some surprise that opposition players were telling him to get "his f*cking hand off them" when he was pulling them off the ball during rucks and mauls as his coach had taught him.

I'm also finding that the fanatical screaming parents start emerging in u/9's.
                    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 8, 2003, 04:01.

Comment

My Dad was a rugby league player in his youth and taught me to tacke accordingly. When I was 10 and played my first Union game I shocked the coaches with my tackling.(they didn't have non contact for kids in those days) They thought I should go down on 1 knee and just grab the opponents.For a few brief glorious months i was the best palyer on the team.
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I'm trying to teach Aidan to use his shoulder when tackling

Comment

I'm trying to teach Aidan to use his shoulder when tackling
                          Oh good, the first pre-pubescent rugby player to be sent off for a shoulder charge. You should suggest eye-gouging to him. He only has to watch one particular New Zealand Super 12 team for tips on how to go about it.

Comment

Never heard of any of them.
                            Popham is solid enough. The other two are unknown to me too (and Tigers have played both sides this year twice so that’s the impression they made on me).

He very gently rounded them up into a corner of the yard and sat and watched them.
                            And in such ways do a whole generation need therapy in later life.

I'm the proud owner of the World's Greatest Coward.
                            Nothing wrong with a dog with the sense to make a tactical withdrawal.

My last dog was a mongrel with Cavalier blood and it was nuts – loved people but hated other dogs and would go for them without hesitation – regardless of size.

I can’t have any more furry pets either – the little sod primed me with an acute allergy to Dander.

Interesting idea the shoot outs – how often are we likely to see them though? Unlike s***** Rugby tends not to finish level too often.

We haven’t talked about the tours much because I think we are all unsure what they will mean. Until we know what squads England and France will take it’s hard to know how serious the games will be. Of course England are taking a 25 wins from 27 games record on the road with them so hopefully they’ll treat the game svery seriously.

And France have had a terrible six nations – but we all know that means there is at leats one huge game in them for this year somewhere.

As is traditional Eddie Jones has started the psych wars early praising England for their expansive style but criticising them for reverting to a tight route one game when under pressure. Um, excuse me Eddie but all teams that come under pressure will tighten up the game and try to retain the pill for an extended period – the Wallabies included. Whats the point in stating the b******* obvious like that?

So which Kiwi team likes eye gouging then? Personally I would like to see any player who does this banned for life automatically – it is stupidly dangerous.
                            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by finbar

Oh good, the first pre-pubescent rugby player to be sent off for a shoulder charge. You should suggest eye-gouging to him.
                              No nothing like that

When he's tackling he's just grabbing them with his arms. He needs to learn to drive with his shoulder to knock their legs together before wrapping his arms around.

Also to get his head in the right position to avoid injury when tackling from the front and side.That's very important because I only bought him a cheap mouth guard

Of course he already wants a head guard

Comment

Working...
                              X