Powderpuff football and hazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powderpuff football and hazing

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

CHICAGO - A touch football game between suburban Chicago high school girls turned into a brutal hazing in which players were slapped, punched, doused with paint and splattered in the face with mud and feces.

Police and school officials in the well-to-do community of Northbrook are investigating.

Officials at Glenbrook North High in Northbrook were examining videotapes taken by students who had gone to a park Sunday to watch the annual "powder puff" football game between junior and senior girls.

Five girls ended up in the hospital, one with a broken ankle and another who needed 10 stitches in her head.

School officials stressed that the game was not sanctioned and occurred off-campus without their knowledge.

"I guess there was some football involved, but then it was pushing, punching, hitting, putting buckets on heads ... showering people with debris and, according to one report, human excrement," said Northfield Township District 225 Superintendent Dave Hales. "It was hazing."

Officials said up to 100 students were involved in the incident in the suburb about 20 miles north of Chicago.

Videotapes played on television show girls in yellow jerseys punching, slapping and dumping paint on other girls kneeling on the ground. Some spectators hoist cups of beer.

School officials were looking at tapes and photographs to identify students for possible discipline, spokeswoman Diane Freeman said. Students involved in athletics or other extracurricular activities must sign a code of conduct that requires them to behave both on and off campus.

"There's nothing else we can do," Freeman said. "It's out of our jurisdiction. The courts and the parents will mete out punishment."

Glenbrook North Principal Michael Riggle said alcohol contributed to the violence.

The district used to sponsor a powder puff football game during homecoming but discontinued the event in 1977 after it became too rough.
    what the **** is wrong with kids where, A. they think this type of behavior is acceptable and B. where kids think they should just sit there and take it.

If i were in this situation i would have ****ing fought back and possibly killed someone.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Don't they have boxing ?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

foxy boxing?
      I just don't know anymore.

Comment

Muhammed Ali's daughter boxes.
        She'd knock your head clean off.
        Last edited by SlowwHand; May 7, 2003, 20:12.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I swear to god i want to drive across the country and just blow up the senior class.
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

You made this thread title to catch my attention, didn't you?

Comment

whys that ixnay? were you hazed in a powederpuff football game?

Comment

He likes PowerPuff Girls IIRC...

Hazing is stupid. I never was part of any such behavior, but I definitely would have fought back.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I want to see the girls do naked mud wrestling.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

They're high school girls..
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What the hell is wrong with Chicago? So violent.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Every one of these kids and I mean kids should do some time, even if it is only a week or a month.

Comment

Hey! I played defensive tackle on my powderpuff football team. I also knocked this smart a$$ junior on her a$$ and it was worth every minute.
                          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Hey... Don't condemn Chicago because of some stupid high school kids... You can find moronic high school kids everywhere... even on internet forums
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Most of them aren't involved in hazing though.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X