Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people consider themselves Democrats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people consider themselves Democrats?

There are so many people I know who want school prayer, do not condone homosexuality, consider Scripture to be the true word of God, want businesses to come into philly through lower business taxes, etc... and these same people turn around and say **** Bush! He's an idiot

am i missing something?

(and I'm left still waiting for all these lower class minorities to quit voting Democrat in droves...)
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

I don't
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

I was hoping to make fun of another silly Speer thread, but this one doesn't even make sense.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i sure as hell don't want school prayer, have no problem with homosexuality, find the Scripture as the Word of God (but not to be taken completely literally), don't give a damn about business taxes yet, etc... and find Bush to be a complete idiot.

i sure as hell don't consider myself a democrat. kill me before i say i am; kill me before i say i'm republican. i will be a political independent forever.
        B♭3

Comment

bush bad person, make boshko cry long time...
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

The following was in my Government textbook...

the source was Bruce Cain and Roderick Kiewit, "California's Coming Minority Majority," Public Opinion (Feb-March 1986):

Party Identifications: (Anglo-White, Black, Latino, Asian-American)

Democrat: 37%, 78%, 54%, 35%
            Republican: 35%, 3%, 20%, 38%

Political attitude:

Favor prayer in public schools: 50, 62, 53, 46
            Favor abortion on demand: 60, 47, 40, 53

Take Blacks for example... 78% democrat YET 62% favor prayer in public schools and 53% are against abortion on demand... latino... 54% democrat YET 53% favor school prayer and 60% are against abortions...

and if you think about it... there's thousands of baptists, muslims, presbyterians, and pentacostalists here in philly, most of whom are minorities... yet still... they vote democrat
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

maybe because black people are smart enough to know a party of evil white people when they see it
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i've found it somewhat interesting: first gen asian immigrants tend to be more conservative/republican; second gen asians tend to be more liberal/democratic.

however, a good portion of the liberal/democratic ones tend to also be relatively moderate.

in the south, the reason why most of the people vote democratic rather than republican, which matches their viewpoints better, is that the democratic party in the south is quite different from the democractic party as a whole--hence, the dixiecrat nickname. the dixiecrats tend to match the republicans in most of the important views, so~ hence, zell miller, a democrat in georgia, functions virtually as a republican in the senate.
                B♭3

Comment

Sava:

or maybe leftist propaganda has wrongly twisted the Republican party (the party that ended slavery) into the evil rich white man party...

always found it interesting how the richest man in the Senate (Corzine of Jersey) is a democrat... yet still the Republicans are those rich white men

Comment

If you think today's Republican party in anyway represents the Republican party of the 1860's... well... @ you

stop listening to Rush, it's killing what little brain cells you were born with
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

the republican party of the 19th century was very much similiar to what it is today. some changes to society have occured that have forced changes in party outlook but generally they are similiar... the Republican party back then was composed of religious fundamentalists and pro-business subsidy capitalists... *cough*

Rush?

Comment

this is why I ignore you...
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

sigh... can't even deal with the fact that i'm right... take it like a man and at least try to respond...

Comment

Sava:

to respond to your PM... i did base this thread on facts... maybe my experiences are not valid so i also noted those statistics which clearly show that minorities vote Democrat in great numbers yet tend to have conservative view-points. thats a fact right there... a fact that my assertation (that minorities should tend to vote Republican) is based on

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                              bush bad person, make boshko cry long time...
                              Bush = Great president!
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X