North Korea will sell nukes (to OBL?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea will sell nukes (to OBL?)

North Korea has informed the Chinese and the US in recent talks that it will sell nukes and nuke technology unless there is a deal.

This is exactly why we went to war against Saddam, wasn't it?

NK's threat transforms a regional dispute into a global threat. Will France, Germany and Russia support us this time?

The Washington Times delivers breaking news and commentary on the issues that affect the future of our nation.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

So. Pakistan already did sell the technology. To the North Koreans!
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That was one of the "excuses"... or "fabrications" as I like to call it.

But I agree, North Korea is the biggest threat to the US, but instead, we've commited a lot to Iraq because Bush had a hard-on for Saddam.

I still think diplomacy is the best way to deal with NK. We need to work with China to diffuse this ticking time bomb. Military action against NK would be bad.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"This is exactly why we went to war against Saddam, wasn't it?"

Art thou kidding?

It was just the pretext.

Was it a good pretext, because it got rid of the bad guy? Remains to be seen.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

The North Koreans have been talking about this sort of black mail for a while now. So far they haven't gotten Bush to give them what they want so they're upping the ante.

We need a strong yet measured response to this; the first step should be a UN resolution (yeah, the UN is weak but it makes nice window dressing) condemning the export of Nukes & calling upon member states to enforce the ban. That way we have legal cover for *AHEM* "inspecting" all North Korean ships on the high seas. The Ocean is the only way the Communist North can move it's nukes so we'll just make their lives a little more difficult and see what they do next.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin is right. Besides, no powerful country wants the nuclear technology to be spread, so you can expect the UN to back such a resolution whoeheartedly.

Since it is about selling nuclear technology, I doubt any organization except a state will do it, but you can expect many ambitious states to be interested by the offer.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I agree with the North Korean shipping inspection thing. We no doubt need to back up our position. But this time... we SHOULD exhaust all the options before resorting to military action. A second Korean War would probably leave Seoul in ruins and Tokyo glowing in the dark.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yep, sounds like good old blackmailing to me as well. Not the first time in the history of international politics. But when it comes to nuclear weapons technology it's a lot more disturbing that usual.

Comment

Oerdin, I do not disagree. NK might be pursuaded if the entire world, represented by the UN, were to condemn its threat.

But, sadly, we have the recent example of France sabatoging 1441. The NK's will not be convinced that it faces UN "force" unless the French and the Russians are enthusiastically on board any such resolution.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I don't think France has anything to lose by cooperating, and I'm sure Russia would hate to see more nukes being spread anymore than they are already, notably because Russia has to fear terrorist activity too.

Besides, if this punishment doesn't involve a regime change, I don't see why France would be hostile to it.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

We should get some regime change going in France.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ned: Your bashing of the French is not helpful in any way. You should instead treat the French as irrelevant bungholes because they are (the government, not the people). Why give half a sh1t what they do or what they think? Their involvement is not necessary, and by continually referring to them, you are exagerrating their importance.

A NK solution will probably require Russian involvement. The UN is really irrelevant; I think the big players should get together and iron out a solution on their own. I mean, who really gives a flying f*ck about Cameroon, or some other pud-country?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: North Korea will sell nukes (to OBL?)

Originally posted by Ned
                          North Korea has informed the Chinese and the US in recent talks that it will sell nukes and nuke technology unless there is a deal.

NK's threat transforms a regional dispute into a global threat. Will France, Germany and Russia support us this time?
                          Sure, when is the invasion scheduled for?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            We need one here first.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              I wish. Give us a couple more years, and you should have a deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X