Cheney to be Bush's running mate again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so says Chief Justice Rhenquist

Um no... so says the vote. Remember the recounts done by the papers? If the recount would have gone on as planned, Bush would have won.

The court simply said enough is enough. There were equal protection violations in the voting (agreed upon by SEVEN justices) and five said because the Florida Safe-Harbor provision says the vote had to be certified by the date of the SC opinion, the pre-recount vote should be declared official. The four in the minority said Florida should get another week to fix the equal protection problems and do an entirly new recount. Of course that might have ran smack against the safe-harbor law.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Bush would have won.
      create a thread if u want to lose an argument about this
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There will be a decent candidate. Plenty of these guys have more stature than Clinton had.

Comment

hopefully they can keep mr happy in the cage
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava: No, the recount would have been in Bushes favor even the San Fransisco Comical...er... Chronical gave in on that point. The funny part was that the only one out of the dozens of different methods for not counting or counting miss votes (Remember dimpled chads, and hanging chads, and pregnant Chads?) that would have resulted in a Gore victory was the first method originally put forward by Bush's team (and shot down by Gore's team).

Gore could have won right off the bat if he had more savvy advisors.

BTW Jefford is still looking like my favorite Dem. candidate even if he does keep putting his foot in his mouth.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I was right! No way **** would give up the power he has.

I wish more than anything else (even more than world peace) that Bush lose the next election, but I won;t make any predictions. What is interesting is that IF Bush wins, this puts the Rep.s in a strange place for 2008, since Cheney is as likely to be elected president as Al Sharpton, and probalby would not run.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

even the San Fransisco Comical...er... Chronical gave

I've heard it called the Moronical, but never the Comical.. I like that.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I heard a guy in Mendocino call it that once and I've remembered it ever since.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                    I wish more than anything else (even more than world peace) that Bush lose the next election
                    Wouldn't one begat the other in your opinion?
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                    X