No announcement yet.

What historical event do you remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born in 1979...I remember Challenger very well. Ollie North. Magic Johnson announcing he has HIV. Of course the fall of the Berlin Wall, and Gulf War I, since I was one of the kids at the Bangor airport trying to get the troops signatures as they came through. Asimov and Roddenbury dying within a year of each other. Dukakis in a tank.

Obviously not in that order...
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro

No, I'm not! Joseph is 10 years older. He's the Patriarch.

I'm a child, just 49... and my age is in my profile
      I may be the second. The vice-Patriarch.

We should found the "Old Fart Club".
      You misunderstand, I was refering to Joseph. I was agreeing with your statement that he was King. Though at 49, you're definitely in line for Prince. I guess at 46 (almost), I'll have to settle for Count, or some other minor title.

Comment

• Sorry!

I'll consider this the first session of the "Old Fart Club"...

Should we invite Ming? Or is he too young?
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem

You misunderstand, I was refering to Joseph. I was agreeing with your statement that he was King. Though at 49, you're definitely in line for Prince. I guess at 46 (almost), I'll have to settle for Count, or some other minor title.
          I like prince better. Keep it equal between all of you.

Comment

• Earliest HE I remember is maiden flight of Concorde. Odd that I don't remember the fall of Saigon, but I wasn't there at the time.
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro

Should we invite Ming? Or is he too young?
              Well he's certainly cranky enough to qualify.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem

I'm 50. Can I be Grand Vizer?
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by dv8ed
                  Born in 1979...I remember Challenger very well. Ollie North. Magic Johnson announcing he has HIV. Of course the fall of the Berlin Wall, and Gulf War I, since I was one of the kids at the Bangor airport trying to get the troops signatures as they came through. Asimov and Roddenbury dying within a year of each other. Dukakis in a tank.

Obviously not in that order...
                  I remember none of those (gulf war and berlin wall being exception). I wasnt really aware of current events when I was young.

I know it thru textbooks and history lessons now of course.
                  :-p

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I'm 50. Can I be Grand Vizer?
                    Sure, what the hell.

Comment

Working...
                    X