No announcement yet.

An Israeli State from the Jordan to the Mediterranean Sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Zylka, is that a person asking to be banned in your avatar?!?!

UGH.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
      On historical possession: you were claiming Jews had none.

On legitimate conquest: How do you propose borders be established, then? Should we undo all conquests? Peru surrender Amazon basin lands back to Ecuador? Peru surrender to Spain? Peru surrender to some non-existant Incan Empire?

When we respect national boundaries we legitimize the processes that establish them, and that is conquest. Show me one country whose borders were not established by conquest, hmmm?
      Gadsden Purchase. (Just being a weenie. You have a good point.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
        Damn Zylka, is that a person asking to be banned in your avatar?!?!

UGH.
        What does that mean, if anything?

How does it pertain to my commenting on the ugliness of a suicide bomber?

For what reason should you or I consider a needle or a biohazard symbol a person?

Comment

On legitimate conquest: How do you propose borders be established, then?

I propose that we don't do any more border establishing by conquest. Just leave them where they are now and stick to normal diplomacy.

Then what are you doing living on unlegitimately conquered indian land? You're legitimizing it's conquest by living in canada

I also said that the First Nations can't legitimately counter-conquer Canada.

When we respect national boundaries we legitimize the processes that establish them, and that is conquest.

Not if we agree to respect all national boundaries for the sake of respecting all national boundaries. Quebec separatists are swell chaps who respect national boundaries. Basque separatists, on the other hand...

Show me one country whose borders were not established by conquest, hmmm?

Uh... Norway? Belgium? I don't really care.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
            On legitimate conquest: How do you propose borders be established, then?

I propose that we don't do any more border establishing by conquest. Just leave them where they are now and stick to normal diplomacy.

Then what are you doing living on unlegitimately conquered indian land? You're legitimizing it's conquest by living in canada

I also said that the First Nations can't legitimately counter-conquer Canada.

When we respect national boundaries we legitimize the processes that establish them, and that is conquest.

Not if we agree to respect all national boundaries for the sake of respecting all national boundaries. Quebec separatists are swell chaps who respect national boundaries. Basque separatists, on the other hand...

Show me one country whose borders were not established by conquest, hmmm?

Uh... Norway? Belgium? I don't really care.
            hi ,

belgium was born out of conquest , .....

one country who's borders are not made by conquest , easy , there are about a dozen , ... monaco , sealand , etc , .....

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I think its clear from the historical record that area was always shared by a number of peoples.

So a political solution needs to take account of that.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Such as? ( I am not disbuting the fact that William the Conqueror has indeed landed there, but doubting the fact that there is archeological evidence to the landing, the Battle of Hastings, and the existance of William the conqueror. Vikings have been landing on Britannia for many centuries. )
                The Norman conquest was an extraordinarily important event at the time, and William the Bastard was an extraordinarily important person. I'm no historian, but I'm absolutely certain that there are tons of chronicles about his conquest and rule of England. The most prominent one is the Bayeux Tapestry, for instance.

Edit: Check out this site: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/3532/1066mem.htm
                Last edited by Ramo; May 5, 2003, 21:24.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                X