Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cop thread Spin-off: Has the cop in this scenario done anything illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your friend was the one doing the illegal activity orange.
    Haha, once again...definitely NOT my friend

And also, once again, the idea is to take this testimony as 100% fact even though I'm sure it isn't. .00001%? Bull****. Just play along as if it were.
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I dunno about that Ming, I doubt this kid could afford a lawyer, and I doubt his parents are going to defend such behavior. There's no question that this kid was drinking and under-age. Parents, at least mine, don't seem to care about technicalities.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Don't blame the cop, blame the system... The cop can't change the law, he is supposed to uphold it. If you want to do something about this, run for office
        Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

run for office
          my getting elected will usher in a thousand years of darkness!!
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, I work nights anyway, so that doesn't sound to bad. Where are you running, again?

Comment

my 35th birthday, I'll annouce my candidacy for President of the United States of America. I'll slowly chip away freedoms and name myself Overlord of Earth. After the ensuing war, I'll take my rightful place as Supreme Ruler.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i'd vote for you Sava. Can I be your VP?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Sure.... I will need loyal comrades!
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I thought you were looking for peons?

Comment

I see the thread jackers have appeared here as well...

Originally posted by orange
                      And also, once again, the idea is to take this testimony as 100% fact even though I'm sure it isn't. .00001%? Bull****. Just play along as if it were.
                      It's tough to "play along" when many critical facts seem to be missing.

Heck, even it it's all one big lie, could you at least fill in some of the details

LIKE WAS THE DOOR TO THE HOUSE OPEN OR NOT.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Assume it was closed, but cracked because of the extention chord running out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                          For inviting himself into the house, he broke the law. There WAS NO PROBABLE cause for him to enter. And to give breath test was even a bigger violation.
                          (and for that low amount, you should have told him you used a mouthwash... wouldn't stand up in a court of law)
                          Something's bogus here. Portable breathalyzers, particularily the ones that cops carry into the field, don't read down to 0.00001%. If the cop filed this report, assuming that the estimated blood alcohol was a crucial part of his case, the judge would throw it out. It is well established that a person can get a blood alcohol of up to 0.002 from various legal products like cold medicines, mouthwashes, and aftershave. Who knows what kind of BAT a kid could get from attending church.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Exactly. But regardless...

Comment

Again Imran... I'd take my chances with a good lawyer on this one... It would be TOSSED!

Put it this way: I don't trust orange's friend's description, and if I don't, I think a jury wouldn't either.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What shocks me is that cops actually enforce idiotic laws such as ones that say you can't drink under 21.

And for the record, the cop that entered the house needs the **** slapped out of him for being a jackass. No one was being harmed, and the point of law is protection, not the exercise of power for it's own sake. Arresting or fining someone for drinking in their own home quietly with a friend (or whatever) is not protection, but rather power for power's sake.

Totally idiotic, and regardless of the law, the cop was an *******.
                                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X