Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cop thread Spin-off: Has the cop in this scenario done anything illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop thread Spin-off: Has the cop in this scenario done anything illegal?

According to this testimony, accepting it as 100% fact, has the officer broken a law?

this july my neighbors had a small, friends only party...maybe 30 people. they were new neigbors so i went over and had a beer or two with them, just to be friendly but i wasn't drinking that night. also, they ran out of power outlets so i let them run an extension cord from my kitchen to their back yard. about 230, this cop rolls up and they all scatter. the cop sees the extension cord going to my kitchen, invites himself in and pulls me out of my room where i am sitting talking to a friend. he breath tests me and the 2 beers i had regesters a .000001 and slaps me with 600 dollars worth of fines which i am still making payments on.
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

I don't think so. This was a reasonable search because the cop sees the extension cord. That's probably illegal.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Im going to go ahead and assume that these were minors that were drinking.

I dont think he did anything wrong, if a bunch of people scatter when he rolls up then obviously someone is up to no good.

Comment

Well first off I guarantee it didn't go down that way so I can't accept this "testimony" as 100% fact.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

i'm sure it didn't, but assume that it did.

Imran - why is an extention chord illegal? How is that a right to search his house or even enter it?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

It didn't ever say what the fines were for.

So what were the fines for anyway?
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

under aged drinking is my guess

Comment

under aged drinking

Comment

In my opinion the police officer didn't do anything wrong.

Your friend sounds like a poser who is sore because he got caught.

Comment

he's not my friend, believe me

I agree completely. I was just wondering if there is a loophole here...if this police officer really did do something illegal.

Comment

this is my favourite part...

they were new neigbors so i went over and had a beer or two with them, just to be friendly but i wasn't drinking that night.

Comment

Oh okay glad to see you aren't rolling with posers.

I think the officer had probable (sp?) cause to enter and search the place.

Also the guy said he "had 2 beers," so the breathalizer test score doesn't matter. Also I believe the presense of alchohol paraphanelia (empty cans, bongs, etc) counts against him.

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                          this is my favourite part...

I didn't catch that one...

Comment

so an extention chord running from his house to his neighbours house is probable cause to search his house?

Comment

You can get arrested for drinking in your own home with adults? Only in America...
                              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Working...
                              X