Jessica Lynch has amnesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessica Lynch has amnesia

They are trying to get her to regain her memory. But is that a good thing? Isn't amnesia a good thing in this case. The brain does this for a reason. To protect itself from harmful events.

Call me a sexist if you will, but women should not be in combat zones in the army.
    Yes all units including submarines- make them fit dammit!
    54.76%
    All units except submarines- there is not enough room- hot racking would take on new meaning
    2.38%
    Women should not be in units that go through recently conquured territory or on the front lines
    4.76%
    Women should not be in any combat units period
    16.67%
    Women should not be in the military period
    4.76%
    Women should be barefoot and pregnant
    11.90%
    The military should have all women divisions/units and all men divisions/units
    2.38%
    women should be picking bananas
    2.38%

What exactly is the extent of her amnesia?

Are there some events she can't remember? Only a specific period of time?

Or does she have some kind of brain damage where she has trouble doing basic functions?
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

she cannot remember any events after she was captured. she still knows who she is etc.

Comment

Re: Jessica Lynch has amnesia

Originally posted by Dissident
        They are trying to get her to regain her memory. But is that a good thing? Isn't amnesia a good thing in this case. The brain does this for a reason. To protect itself from harmful events.

Call me a sexist if you will, but women should not be in combat zones in the army.
        This is a poor viewpoint.

To go with your thought process, only straight males should be allowed to serve their country.
        (I'm assuming here, that you oppose Gay service.)

And to answer the thread question, she can deal with what she remembers.
        What lurks in the mind unremembered, can't be dealt with as easily.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh, so it sounds like a side-effect from her going into shock.

I think that is common when something traumatic happens.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Anyone who doesn't have a physical or mental disability and wants to serve in the Armed Forces should be allowed to do so . . . unless there's a valid security reason to keep them out. I shoulda been allowed to serve!
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Exactly.

I voted for "The military should have all women divisions/units and all men divisions/units", but would add, I guess 2 more units, to allow for Gaydom.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                she cannot remember any events after she was captured. she still knows who she is etc.
                So she doesn't remember that her Iraqi doctors, from whom she was "rescued," actually protected her by hiding her when Saddam's soldiers came to the hospital? And she doesn't remember that, two days before her "rescue," the same brave Iraqi doctors actually risked their lives by putting her into an ambulance and driving her up to the American checkpoint, only to have to turn around once the Americans began firing on them? That's convenient.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I think all US officers are trained at West Point to shoot at every doctor they see.

Comment

Or VMI.

Comment

I don't see any difference between a man and a woman in arms. They both can get traumatized by the things they go through. Woman can as good shoot with rifles as men do. It's plain silly to exclude women from fighting on the front.

Comment

I agree Slow it's pretty much standard doctrine throughout all the military schools.

I think in the advanced classes they teach you how to shoot the nurses too.

Comment

I fail to see the relation between her having amnesia and women being in the military. I imagine many men would have amnesia if they saw their colleagues killed, be beaten over several days, be stabbed, shot and god knows what else done to her.

That said I don't have a problem with women in the military. Why prevent people that actually want to join up from joining up? The women that I have known have been as capable in every aspect of life as I or men have been. So why not the military? It doesn't mean you slap them with an M-16 or whatever and send them in the first wave.

to people who want to be in the military.

Comment

Women should be allowed to serve in combat units IF they meet the same physical standards as men. Period. This has nothing to do with Jessica Lynch because she was not serving in a combat unit.
                            "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                            "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

And shooting dumbass 2nd Lieutenants.
                              Can't have them out there making whacko decisions, not even consulting their top N.C.O.

Comment

Working...
                              X