Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did You Meet Your Significant Other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

original meeting was in 1995 when we both stood at the wedding of my best friend and her best friend. We had to walk together in the church and we hung out with the bride and groom on the night before the wedding. We got along great but nothing happened as we were seeing other people at the time

fast forward to 1998 and I was planning to visit the same married couple on a Saturday ( they lived an hour away) but they asked that I drop by on Friday night. When I got there they mentioned that she was coming by as she had just arrived back home from Texas .. . a set up . . .. well we hit it off again and I gave her my number, never thinking she would call.

She called . . .and we talked for hours on the phone over the next 4 nights ( she was 4 hours drive away) until she came into my town for a date . . . yadda yadda yadda, she is now Mrs Flubber and expecting our first child ( due date was actually yesterday so the anticipation is driving me crazy)
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

i dont believe in significant others, only significant dissapointments
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

She's living in the same student's home as my best friends here in Stuttgart, and she belongs to a friend's circle doing exactly the same courses as me and my friends. Gosh, pretty easy, huh ?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

well, my SO kinda grew on me.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Well I explained already... I met him while out in a cafe, and we started to talk some... and then you can see where it went from there. My parents did not knew I was dating an argentine guy at first but I told them, and then they met him.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Got 5 digits per chance?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I met my current GF in my Fundamentals of Design class last summer.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

In High School. ok - not so exciting... Ah well.
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                    well, my SO kinda grew on me.
                    like in that tiwn thread?
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Erm, never thought of it that way. nope. UR, however, knows what am I talking about.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

went to school together.
                        B♭3

Comment

yeah, so did we!
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

She lived in the apartment building next door. Her 5 year old and my 5 yearold played together all the time. They got the idea it would be cool for me and her to get together and introduced us. It was an interesting way to meet
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                            X