No announcement yet.

have you lost family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been lucky.. both grandparents from fathers side and grandmom from mothers side.. oh and one uncle. But that's it. I lost my best friend last year though..
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

my father and 1 uncle
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

All four of my grandparents and one parent who is on death's door.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

All 6 of my grandparents are still alive, although 2 of them can't have long left. My mother's adopted sister died earlier this year.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I've lost my mother's mother, to lung cancer back in 1994. About 3 years before that, her mother passed away at 96.

Other than that, I've been very lucky in terms of family. My mother's father has Parkinson's Disease, but seems fairly stable and healthy for now. The person whose health I worry about the most is my mother, who recently had a gastric bypass, but she seems to be doing quite well.

I did lose a good friend my senior year of high school, an event that had a profound impact on my life.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I've just found out my grandfather, someone I'm really close to and look up to a great deal, has bladder cancer. I know its stage 3 at least, the tumor had gone deep into the prostate. I'm not sure what will happen but I wasn't prepared at all for how I'd feel. I lost a grandmother years ago, I loved her but for some reason it didn't phase me at the time.

Also my father had a minor stroke last year which scared the bejezus out of me. I was in Britain and hadn't talked to him for months. I still don't talk to him much.

I hope I have alot more time with both.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                All four of my grandparents and one parent who is on death's door.
                I understand how you must be feeling, it's not easy. I realized last summer when my father died that losing our parents is one of the few things that all humans truly have in common. I hope it's peaceful and painless for him/her. That's one satisfaction I'm getting from my mother's departing, she's been in no pain so far. At Least that we can tell.

Comment

My mother is dieing of lung cancer (she never smoked in her life) which has spread to other areas. One year ago the doctor gave her 6 months to live so we're all hoping, beyond hope, that he was wrong about other things. (Yes, we've gotten multiple opinions from different doctors)
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My sister, complications after a bone marrow transplant (for lymphoma), September 2001. Was that a rotten month.
                    "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

A brother (he died when he had 16... ), my father, my grandparents, cousins.

Originally posted by Ming
                      Considering how old I am..............
                      .................................................. ....
                      However... some of my friends have started dying... sigh.
                      I'm 49 years old...
                      Many friends.
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Aro, I'm 48. I know what you and Ming mean. Sometimes death feels really close...

Willem, your mother will be in my thoughts tonight...
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij

Willem, your mother will be in my thoughts tonight...
                          Thanks. There's been a few times where I've felt like just putting my hand over her mouth and plugging her nose just to end it all. It would be the compassionate thing to do, after the way Alzheimers has ravaged her life, but I could never live with myself if I did it. I really think the Dutch have the right idea with their policy of euthanasia.

I just hope she goes tonight. Its been hard on all of us for many years now, watching her decline, and I know that her disease was a contributing factor in my father's death last year. It was very depressing for him to see his wife of over 50 years reach the point that she was little more than a vegetable, totally oblivious to anything around her.

Comment

My worse day of my life was when I lost my mother. I was not a Christian growing up, was abused (beaten up almost everyday, had teeth kicked out of my head at 13 years old), got into alcholol and drugs, got kicked out of my house due to my behavior when I was just 16. I deserved to be kicked out, but treated my parents terribly.

Then 2 years ago I called home, having reconciled with my parents, spoke to Dad, whom told me Mom was in and out of a coma. I asked If I could talk to her. He put phone to her ear, I told her I loved her, had a prayer, told them both I loved them very much. I hung phone up, told wife we needed to go home to Maine, but next day, recieved phone call she had passed. Worse day. I had to remain composed, as I had to drive 1285 miles to bury her. I helped cover casket with dirt. I did this, because I am only remaining Son, I felt need and want in my heart to "cover" her human vessel with dirt. I know she is in Heaven this date, I still have times when I break down, when I wish to God Almighty that I could hear her voice, feel her touch, smell my mothers cooking hear her laugh...and yes..both tell her and hear her say.....

I LOVE YOU!

I do, but only in my mind and heart.

I share this because even at age 43...it tore my heart wide open,..so I allways tell folks to not let the sun go down, withoutt elling you parents how much they mean to you.

To Quote the Country & Western singer Vern Gosdin...

You dont know lonely, 'til its chiseled in stone

Peace to all

Grandpa Troll
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

All my grandparents are dead, as are both of my parents. Over the past four years I've almost lost my older brother twice. He has worked as an Emergency room physician. Six years ago he and his wife began shunning the rest of the family, then after not hearing from him for two years his wife called me one day to let me know that he was in UNC hospital ICU being treated for wounds self-inflicted by his own home made bomb. He recovered, but was left with facial scars and no sight in one eye. He was forced to give up working in the ER, but found a job in a neighboring city at an ambulatory care clinic. A year later he ran off with a female patient, whom he had met at a self-help group for the mentally ill. His wife called me, having the gall to make up some crazy claim that he had castrated himself in an attempt to coax me into having him committed. He tried to start his own clinic, but his wife and his boss from the clinic filed complaints with the state board and got his license suspended. After struggling for several months with the state board he attempted suicide again. His girlfriend at this point left him, but took the house that he bought her. Currently he is living in a homeless shelter in another city.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Wow, DrS.

I had a small family to begin with. 3 of my grandparents had already passed when I was born. My mom was an only child. My dad had one sister, who married but never had children.

Now, all the oldsters are gone. All that's left is my brother (with wife No. 2, no kids), my sister (with husband No. 2, no kids) and me (no wife, no kids).

Comment

Working...
                                X