Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you lost family?

Needs no explination, I hope.

for myself, both my male grandparents and my father.
    Yes, a parent
    14.08%
    Yes, a child
    2.35%
    Yes, a sibling
    5.16%
    Yes, a grandparent
    33.80%
    Yes, a grandchild
    0.94%
    Yes, and uncle or aunt
    15.02%
    Yes, a cousin
    8.45%
    Yes, nephew or niece
    2.35%
    Yes, another form of relative I was close to
    6.57%
    Yes, someone not family by blood but close (step-relative)
    7.04%
    No, thankfully not
    4.23%
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Yep. My Dad died last year.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

50% of my grandparents. They both died at age of 90.

Comment

My grand mother died last year.

Thankfully, I still have both my parents.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Dad died when I was 14. Hard to believe that has been over 25 years ago...

All my grandparents are gone.

6 out 9 Uncles and Aunts are gone.

2 cousins gone (1 traffic accident and 1 drowning)

Miss them all and try to celebrate their lives every chance I get.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

All my grandparents years ago, my brother in '94, several aunts and uncles, one cousin in childhood (she died when she was two, from various birth defects). In the last year and a half, two aunts and an older cousin. Everybody's getting old.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Wow. I'm the only one to have lost nobody at all. The closest that I've lost have been great-grandparents and great uncles/aunts who I never knew...
              Just knocks home how lucky I am I guess...

Also its really strange that the same number of people have lost parents as grandparents...
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Mom died around around my 30 th b-day in 2000. Only 50
                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

MTG, a brother? That had to be tough. I can't imagine losing my brother. Condolences.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Both of my grandfathers, one of them I didn't know at all, the other at the age of 3 or 4. One of my grandmothers, this year.

My cousin died in a car crash a year ago.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

only my grandfather before i was born and my great grandmother when i was too young to care and know her really.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Considering how old I am, I've been quite fortunate. Granted, all my grand parents have died, but only one aunt besides them. Parents... brothers... Aunts and Uncles are all still alive with the one exception

However... some of my friends have started dying... sigh.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming, doesnt your banning rod have some sort of "ressurection" setting?
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I lost my father last year and at the moment I'm just waiting for my mother to die. She hasn't had any food or water for about a week now, we don't know how she's holding on. We keep thinking it's almost time, and she bounces back again. After having her brain eaten away by Alzheimer's, we keep hoping that she'll go soon and end her ordeal, but she won't let go.

If anyone ever approachs one of you for a contribution to Alzheimer's research please do so. It's a lousy way of ending a life. The sooner we find a cure the better for all those who become afflicted, and especially their families. It's very, very difficult watching someone you love slowly deteriorate into a vegetable.
                            Last edited by Willem; May 2, 2003, 15:12.

Comment

All of my grandparents and a cousin who died at birth - but that was before I was born, so I guess it doesn't count.
                              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Working...
                              X