X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Skies
      Oh for God's sake, one typo and I'm stupid...I'm going to Oxford, for crying out loud.
      Jacob Weisberg is the author of Bushisms and More Bushims.
      Good for you. I am going to CSUN in Los Angeles.

Let me apologize for that attack on that typo.

Anyways anybody who would write such a book is foolish in all senses. I even misspeak sometimes, but that does not denote idiocy.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Blair is a politician, and it pays to kiss American booty. So there ya go!
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I could do 238597432985*0.3907853 in my head but as soon as you ask me to read a page or two from a complicated speech i might freeze and stutter especially in front of a large crowd, am i therefore stupid ??
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Skies
            Bush didn't have the SAT scores to get into all those posh places,
            Bull. Bush's SAT were published is newsweek article in 2000 and they were very good. Better than Gore's (who only veleased his verbal) and better than Bradley's, the suposed smart guy in the 2000 race.
            None of them were anywhere near MY scores of course, but surely superior what to yours would be.
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
              Anyways anybody who would write such a book is foolish in all senses. I even misspeak sometimes, but that does not denote idiocy.
              He writes it to fill a perceived hole in the market, and since it does well it's obviously a good allocation of resources :P I would've thought a free marketeer like you would applaud such enterprise and initiative.

As for the mis-speaking...it's not the simple fact, it's the sheer volume of such mis-speakings, and the fact that frequently he doesn't make any attempt to correct himself, and sometimes doesn't even seem to realise what he's said is wrong. Someone without a decent grasp of their first language (in W's case, his only language) can't be said to be a genius.
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola

Bull. Bush's SAT were published is newsweek article in 2000 and they were very good (IIRFC upper 1200s which would tanslate ot uppers 1300s currently). Better than Gore's (who only veleased his verbal) and better than Bradley's, the suposed smart guy in the 2000 race.Bush's SAT were published is newsweek article in 2000 and they were very good. Better than Gore's (who only veleased his verbal) and better than Bradley's, the suposed smart guy in the 2000 race.
                None of them were anywhere near MY scores of course, but surely superior to you.
                Stutter much?

Anyway, you're flat out wrong. Gore's scores were higher than Bush.

Bush scored a 1206, Gore scored a 1355. Both Gore's verbal and math were higher than Bush's:

SATs are not indicative of intelligence as it is.

A 1200 score is hardly Yale material, however.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                  What I do believe though, is that he thinks clearly and has courage.
                  What courage? The US is the most powerful nation on earth. So far, Bush has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, a bunch of countries that don't even rate as two-bit.

The troops going in and doing the dirty work are courageous. What has Bush done that really took guts?
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

Stammer sometimes, but not stutter. Some popup ad fouled me up on the edit post form. Strangest damn thing. The entire Poly window started flipping colors just as I edited. The part I moved with a cut and paste did not show up after a cntl+v, I hit it again, and then both apeared when I hit submit.
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Desperation to bash Bush leads people to say some of the most ignorant things imagineable.

It really is amusing, coming in an intelligence thread.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

None of this really matters. We know that Clinton is a highly intelligent. Ya don't win the Rhodes scholarship unless you're brilliant. But that didn't stop Clinton from doing some dumb ass things with Monica et al.
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          Anyway, you're flat out wrong. Gore's scores were higher than Bush.

Bush scored a 1206, Gore scored a 1355. Both Gore's verbal and math were higher than Bush's:
                          The Newsweek artiicle, which had only only Gore's verbal, because he would not give persmission to show his math. Test are commonly taken 2 or 3 times. I would assume the candidates realeased their best scores. The article you cite is from 'confidential' scources. Given Gore's tactical aplomb, it should not be too suprising that he would realease his lower verbal, and not his higher math score.

Edit: I remember assuming that if Gore realeased his verbal score and not his math, it meant his math score was crap. It appears rather that is was just some dumb paperwork error corresponding with Newsweek that he did not realease it.
                          Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; May 2, 2003, 13:09.

Comment

can we just leave it at everybody: bush, gore, blair, you, you, you and you are all stupid fcuks?
                            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                              The Newsweek artiicle, which had only only Gore's verbal, because he would not give persmission to show his math. Test are commonly taken 2 or 3 times. I would assume the candidates realeased their best scores. The article you cite is from 'confidential' scources. Given Gore's tactical aplomb, it should not be too suprising that he would realease his lower verbal, and not his higher math score.
                              No, the article I cited was from:

Source: Washington Post, March 19, 2000

The Post received confidential transcripts (meaning the sources were official).

I'm calling BS on the Newsweek claim until I see a source for that. Regardless, 1206 were Bush's transcript SAT scores, 1355 were Gore's. No matter how you slice it, Gore's scores beat Bush's. If you want to maybe compare Bush's highest scores to Gore's lowest, then maybe you'll finagle the result you want, but that's a pretty meaningless comparison.

It's irrelevant anyway, as SAT scores don't necessarily reflect intelligence. It's easy for someone who isn't too bright to work their tail off prepping for the tests and score reasonably high. I happen to work with such a person, oy.
                              Last edited by Boris Godunov; May 2, 2003, 11:13.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

A hunter kills a deer and brings it home. He decides to clean and serve the
                                deer meat for supper. He knows his kids are fussy eaters, and won't eat it
                                if they know what it is. So he doesn't tell them. His little boy keeps
                                asking him, "What's for supper dad?" "You'll see", he replies. They start
                                eating supper and his daughter keeps asking him what they are eating. "Ok",
                                says her dad, "Here's a hint. It's what your mother sometimes calls me."
                                His daughter screams... "Don't eat it, Joe! It's an a$$hole!"
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X