Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Columbia experiment worms survive crash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Close only counts in horseshoes & Fireball Spells!!!" From "Tangled Webs

Comment

Well, walk quickly, as even gigantic worms move rather slowly…
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

reposted from other closed thread:

The Columbia spacecraft has been taken over -- "conquered", if you will -- by a master race of giant space worms. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will consume the captive earth men or merely enslave them. One thing is for certain, there is no stopping them; the worms will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new annelid overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted poster on Apolyton, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

Comment

this is pretty cool. there were a lot of experiments lost on that shuttle when it disintigrated. Granted this experiment is not in controlled conditions, so it is not a valid experiment. But they might learn something interesting from this.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
            I apologise for the bad taste of the original title.

Seriously though, it is interesting that something living could and did survive the crash. Particularly a relatively complex animal that was able to reproduce itself and thrive after going through those extreme conditions. And they might get something back from their experiment.
            If it's any consolation, I very nearly posted the same thread, with 'Columbia Survivors Found', as the title. Just my gallows humor shining through, I guess. I thought better of it.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
            X