Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Problem

See if you can solve this!
    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Slashdot flashbacks...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ummmm - could it have something to do with the king not being on it's color?
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

1. Take Arm
        2. Swipe across board
        3. Declare Stalemate

Comment

There is a solution for it. You need to move the pieces around, monolith.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I know that, but in the graphic that was presented to me, the king was not on his color. A king must be on his color for the game to begin.
            Drake Tungsten
            Albert Speer

Comment

Are the pointy-crown graphics the kings and the rounded ones the queens? If no, then you've got a point Mono, but if yes then... *nods at Asher's post with a grin*
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Actually Asher (or I should say MJW), I opened up the chess board but realized the game just started - yes, you have to move the pieces around to figure the puzzle out...but I lost interest because it's just too much thought process to waste on it - especially when I'm gearing up for my finals!
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                  Actually Asher, I opened up the chess board but realized the game just started - yes, you have to move the pieces around to figure the puzzle out...but I lost interest because it's just too much thought process to waste on it - especially when I'm gearing up for my finals!
                  I did it the CSgeek way and used google.

I solved the problem in < 10 seconds.

Comment

say it then Asher!
                    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

I knew there was a reason CS students are said to "stink."

Stinking cheater...
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Spoiler:

1. e4 Nf6
                        2. f3 Nxe4
                        3. Qe2 Ng3
                        4. Qxe7+ Qxe7+
                        5. Kf2 Nxh1++

Comment

I know that, but in the graphic that was presented to me, the king was not on his color. A king must be on his color for the game to begin.

Actually, the queen has to be on its colour for the game to begin.
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

That's an amusing little solution.
                            Drake Tungsten
                            Albert Speer

Comment

Notation information: http://www.uschess.org/about/forms/KEEPINGSCORE.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X