Thoughts about the republican VP candidate in 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts about the republican VP candidate in 2004

I saw an interview with Bill O'Reilly on CNBC. His comment was that Cheney isnt gonna run for Prez (ever). That being so, the repulicans need to groom a candidate for 2008. His choice for Bush's running mate for 2004 is Condaleeza Rice.

I think she would be a very interesting choice (especially if the 'ice queen' runs in 2008).
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Awww, but if D!ck Cheney doesn't run we won't be able to make jokes about George W being a heartbeat away from the Presidency...
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

That is interesting because I do think Cheney orchestrated the whole war on terror and Iraq thing. I do believe he is the brains behind the operation.

Condoleeza is OK. It would help the republicans image. People still don't think republicans give african/americans any jobs. I think bush has more african/americans in his administration than Clinton did .

Comment

Thats kinda the point. I dont think she should be picked just because she's a black woman but the fact that she is does bring another aspect to the game.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Would having a black women on the ticket have a positive or negative effect on voters? Would it be significant?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'm not sure about that. I don't want to accuse any state of being racist, so I'm not going to touch that topic .

But she may swing more democratic votes that way, so who knows.

but the thing is that would mean she is the front runner in 2008. Are the republicans going to be happy with someone who stands little chance of winning? Not because of her race, but her gender. I do think it will be a long time before a woman is elected president- if ever. Certainly not Hillary.

although some right wing whackos think Hillary will be president and Bill Clinton will be the head of the U.N. Funny stuff . Could happen, but very unlikely. Hillary only has 50% approval in a very democratic state. Her handling of the 9/11 situation wasn't all that great.

Comment

I dont think having a competent black woman on the ticket would lose many votes.

Comment

I dunno, if she was the VP and the country was doing well she'd definitely be the front runner for the republicans. Besides which you know Clinton will run in 2008.

Comment

Does Rice have the Conservative credentials for sucha job though? She'd be acceptable on foreign policy, but is she pro-life, pro-NRA, and anti-big government? If not she'd never survive a GOP primary.
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I think it would be a great thing, assuming everything Shi mentioned was there. I wonder about the South though... Are they done being racist *******s? Still, if they are I don't want em in my party, and Condy might be able to pull it off anyway.

How about Colon Powell as VP to Rice in '08?

It's about damn time.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                      pro-NRA?
                      Apparently (hazily remembered TV news segment making itself known) the second amendment was the reason she joined the Republican party in the first place.
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Cheney will most liekly stay put: I don't see why he would loose all the power he has now: what portfolio would he begiven otherwise?

Powell doesn't have a chance in hell; the neo-cons and their allies are gunning for him. He will be lucky to stay Secretary of State.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Important point is that Condi's definitely easier on the eyes than many other American politicians. I mean, Dubya continues to look slightly monkeyish, and that John Kerry man's head continues to look utterly mutated. And Joe Lieberman looks like a ventriloquist's puppet. Itty bitty ventriloquist's puppet! Whee!

What? Looks are important! I mean, here in foreign countries, we don't even get to vote for the leader and yet we have to see his face on newspapers and TV on a quasi-daily basis, esp. during crisis situations.

I DEMAND PRETTIER PRESIDENTS!
                          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Powell didn't want it (in fact his wife) or he would be there already;
                            Cheney will retire citing health problems

The question then becomes are they looking for someone to help GB win (Dan Quayle???), or someone who will be a strong candidate in 2008
                            "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Yeah, you heard the man... eh boy. Stefu for president!

Comment

Working...
                              X